All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Earlier
  2. Om is the best. The best sound. The best music capable of undo all negative energies, and by the way brings tranquillity. It makes you more sattvic in mood. Another good chant is Ham-Sa. I will give a brief account of doing here. Sit in a Meditative posture Close your eyes Watch your breath, make it slow and rhythmic Chant "Ham" internally while Inhaling Chant "Sa" internally while exhaling
  3. For postural yoga sequences, 4 to 5 days per week is okay. For getting the best results, it should be on a regular basis. Missing a day or two won't make any harm. Regularity is more important than having a rest day in between or not. Even having a day's practice every week has its own benefits. To get the maximum benefits, reduce the rest days. There is no hard and fast rules. But for Pranayama techniques, practising thrice or at least twice daily is a must. For meditation, at least once daily. This is for the fitness and health approaches to yoga. For Spiritual approaches to yoga, it will be different. Hope this serves your query.
  4. Does anyone know of any good yoga team building resources for adults? I'm looking for ideas that would have people work together in groups and as partners to help improve cooperation and communication. Poses need to be accessible to all levels - from those who know nothing to those that have established practices - and mixed genders. I can find lots of stuff for kids, but very little for adults. Thanks in advance!
  5. @YogaByCandace is currently in Thailand leading a yoga teacher training retreat, so I don't expect her to be checking the forums. Your best bet would be to visit her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/YOGABYCANDACE and search. Coincidentally, the featured video, which started playing as soon as I got there was Chair Yoga for Tight Hips video There's a lot of good stuff there! Happy searching!
  6. Hey all! I have problems with my hip mobility when squatting in the gym. So I ask whether you know a ybc course that can improve my hip mobility for squats. Thank you ver much! Have a nice day!
  7. @KateZena Hey Kate! Thank you for your helpful reply! Yes, mean traditional boat shoes ... Well, I also thought about no show socks but worried that they seem too femal at a guy ... Best
  8. Have you lost any weight? If yoga is not beneficial to you, then you can do other type of exercises to lose weight. Start eating a healthy diet and do regular exercises.
  9. Hello. Nice meeting you.
  10. Hey David! Thanks for the advice, I sure hope you never get into a similar situation as Charlotte and I did. I have definitely improved my temper and tolerance over the last few years since my original post. I've thought about deleting this post, but then I thought about the possibility that somebody else might get into a similar incident. To get back to your reply, I have sought out some calm and quiet spots around me as well, but I've gotten more comfortable with crowded places at the same time. I guess I've grown :-) Maybe you will get more comfortable around crowds too one day! Never give up!
  11. Hey
  12. This is a most ridiculous way to answer this but are they traditional boat shoes or "water shoes" boat shoes - the kind of shoe literally made to go into the water and get wet? [It's ridiculous, but for some reason, different kinds of "boaters" - from my dad the kayaker to those the ones with the engines all describe different shoes as "boat shoes."] If they are traditional boat shoes with rubber soles and leather uppers that are oiled, they are traditionally worn with no socks, but can also be worn with low-cut ankle socks, no show socks and crew socks in a poly-mix or cotton if you cannot live without your socks (depending on your activities.) Your feet actually breathe better without socks when wearing leather shoes, so I've never understood the socks + leather shoes thing. Shoes made to go in water? No socks or get gortex socks. I mean, have you ever had wet socks on your feet? * shudders *
  13. Hello all! :-) So, I have question again. I believe most women or girls already thought about this question: What kind of socks should men wear to boat shoes? Best HGB
  14. Hi I am alfasotaylor from Canada, Yoga trainer in Edmonton.............I love yoga and meditation :)
  15. Hello ! What kind of underwear do you recommend for yoga guys? Best and many thanks in advance!
  16. Lets share those beautiful chants that we often listen to enhance our moods
  17. Hello - I'm 61, male. I've been doing Yoga for 2 years now, 5 days a week. I use DVD's from White Lotus (Ganga White and Tracey Rich), Rondey Yee, and Suzanne Deeson, as well as Steve Ross via You tube. I got into Yoga because I heard one can lose weight with Yoga. I'm in better condition and feel better, but have not lost a pound, I started out 70 pounds overweight 2 years ago....and I'm still 70 pounds overweight! I've tried to eat healthy, and cut down on the beer and junk food, but nothing has worked. I don't want to abandon Yoga, but feel all this "yoga for weight loss" stuff is just a stupid scam. So.... 1. When does the weight start coming off?? 2. Would 2 workout's a day help? 3. Would fasting help? 4. What would some of you folks do in this situation? You can respond here, or send me an email at carokann718@gmail.com Thank You
  18. This might sound a bit silly, but how often should i do my yoga? i come from a weight training background. as you all know, in WT no same muscle in trained on consecutive days. there are these 'rest days'. i was wondering whether yoga has these rest days, too. the thing is i'm doing my yoga by referring to BK Iyengar's book 'Light on Yoga'. He has given a course in his book. i was wondering whether i should do the same routine everyday of the week or, say, three days a week. or, should i alternate between two or more sequences? like sequence A on mon, wed, fri and sequence B on tue, thu, and sat? thanks in advance.
  19. Hi everyone! Jessica here. I have an anecdote to share that some of you guys might also be able to relate to. We were going to practise a straddle split in a crowded room, as part of our routine. Everyone was trying to stagger with their neighbours. I looked at my neighbours and I noticed they were moving away, so I stayed put. I stood in a wide leg forward bend and started sliding down and pressing into my feet. At this point I wasn't paying attention to my neighbours anymore, but I noticed that as my split almost finished, I felt something rubbing against my foot. I took a quick look and the girl at my right apparently had not staggered or she had moved back for some reason (I didn't notice this) and as you can probably guess by now, my right leg wasn't entirely stretched, and her left leg wasn't entirely stretched because our soles were pressing into each other. And I don't mean they were simply touching, there was some pressure because we both tried to stretch out. I don't know if I can justify why I didn't just move away, but in the moment I really felt like I just needed to go with whatever I had and not get distracted. This, however, resulted in the two of us interrupting each other's flow. Also, she didn't move away either, so in a way we had a small clash over the foot space, pressing into each other's soles to pull off the full straddle. Fortunately for us, we didn't have to stay in the straddle for too long and we didn't have any further physical contact during that class. What I learned from this experience is that I need to be more aware of the people around me, or avoid big crowds altogether. What do you guys think? What would you have done? How do you deal with crowded classes?
  1. Load more activity