Im a 49 year old male from the south east. I always looked at Yoga as an activity for Hippies and girls. My mind and perception were changed however when i started experiencing back pain. I was prescribed meds and they work but I hate taking meds as well as my work does not support the use of narcotics. I am still new to the art and was wondering if you could offer some poses for sciatica nerve pain. I use two now, I don't know the names but both are lying on my back knee to chest and the other is knee to chest. Knee pulled to one side while looking and reaching to the other side. Also I don't know how long to hold the poses. Any help would be appreciated.
YogaByCandace (YBC) Forum Rules
General Posting Rules
• Be nice, treat fellow forum members with respect. If you disagree with someone else's opinion, settle the argument maturely. Attacks on other members will not be tolerated.
• Only one registered nickname per user, please.
• Should you have a problem with a member or post, send the member a Private Message (PM) or optionally, report the post to a Moderator using the 'Report This Post' link. Do not take your complaint to the public forums.
• Keep threads on topic. Start threads in the most appropriate forums.
• No profanity or cursing, please.
• Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, please credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
• Do not post materials if you do not have permission to distribute them electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (hotlinking).
• The YBC Forum staff keeps track of users who upload infringing material or post links to infringing material and, in appropriate circumstances, suspends repeat infringers (those who have posted infringing material on at least one prior occasion).
• No posting of or linking to materials of pornographic nature.
• No shouting (excessive use of capitalized letters).
• Linking to or promotion of other yoga-related online forums or groups is prohibited. However, referencing another forum via a link to credit an original author of a story, information or image is permitted.
• Links to your own blog within posts is not permitted. Links to your blog can go in your signature, which you can create in your profile settings.
Buying/Selling on the YBC Forum
• Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted. Threads of WTS (wanted to sell) or WTB (wanted to buy) nature will be locked or deleted.
• Soliciting your items for sale or desire to buy via Private Messages is prohibited.
• Linking your own auctions is not permitted, in posts, signatures or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to eBay, Bonanzle, eCrater, iOffer and other auction-type sites.
• Offering to obtain goods for others or requesting for others to buy goods for you is not permitted.
• Links to products on smaller or lesser known web merchants are subject to review and might be removed. These links could be viewed as personal promotion or self advertising. Links to sites such as amazon.com, lululemon.com, etc. (where appropriate) are welcome
Promoting your business & listings
• Store/business promotions in form of signature or profile links are only permitted for well established members with 300+ posts and 3+ months of membership.
• Soliciting via Private Messages or spamming the forums with links to your business is prohibited.
• For advertising opportunities, please contact an Administrator.
• Limit the total area occupied by your signature to approximately 400 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall (including images and text).
• Links to personal blogs/websites are encouraged! However, links to yoga forums are not permitted.
• Links to your commercial web site for established members (3 months & 300 posts minimum) only.
Breaking any of the above listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and loss of your YBC Forum account. We also reserve the right to ban any user. The administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of YBC Forum rules. Any messages found to be in violation will be deleted without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
The YBC Forum and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the YBC Forum, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information. The YBC Forum takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the YBC Forum or of the authenticity of its authors. All opinions and views expressed in the YBC Forum are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of the YBC forum and its representatives.
We reserve the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice.
By registering with the YogaByCandace Forum, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.