LeanandBreath liked a post in a topic by MrBalloonHands in Rest Days Vs Active Recovery
Either/or is fine, it's all personal preference depending on how you feel. If you are going to have an active recovery day, then foam rolling and stretching would be great. If it's going to be yoga, choose something restorative like yin or gentle yoga. It's definitely better not to just lay around all day on the off day. Going for a short walk is a good alternative to a more active recovery day. If you're working out often and then just lay around all day on the off day you might feel pretty terrible when you're ready to get back into working out.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by LarryD517 in YBC Workshop - NJ - August 27, 2016
Up on the blog today...
New Jersey Core of the Matter Yoga Workshop
The workshop will be at my local fitness center in Short Hills, NJ (30 minute train ride from Manhattan).
If the opportunity to meet @YogaByCandace isn't enough for you...I'll be there!!
I'll be available after the class for photographs and to sign autographs
jvanhouten liked a post in a topic by MrBalloonHands in Live Chat is LIVE
I went ahead and activated the live chat tab at the index of the forum page. If you find yourself online at the same time as other members, it can be a quicker and more efficient way to hold a conversation with one another. A few people had requested the feature and we are happy to have it.
Clicking on the "Chat" tab just below the YBC logo with automatically enter you into the chat room. Once you have entered you can simply join the conversation. There is a button to the right of the page that also allows you to move the chat room into a separate window that will make it convenient to continue chatting live and surf the forum at the same time.
If you want to leave the chat but stay on the forum, be sure the click the "leave chat" button on the right side of the chat page.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by LarryD517 in Forum update - Spring cleaning in the forums
We are pleased to announce we've continued the process of streamlining the forums. We lumped many of the former forums into logical groupings.
We now have four Categories (each with a number of sub groupings):
Welcome Yoga Talk YBC Community Towards Better Living (a catchall for all topics related to health, exercise beauty, shopping, as well as any leisure activities you might be interested in) None of the threads or topics were deleted, instead they were moved or combined into the new groupings. We hope the new alignment will allow for easier access and that it might spur more activity and conversation.
Please spend a few moments looking through the forum categories and familiarize yourself with the new set up.
NaceMone108 liked a post in a topic by MrBalloonHands in YogaByCandace (YBC) Forum Rules
YogaByCandace (YBC) Forum Rules
General Posting Rules
• Be nice, treat fellow forum members with respect. If you disagree with someone else's opinion, settle the argument maturely. Attacks on other members will not be tolerated.
• Only one registered nickname per user, please.
• Should you have a problem with a member or post, send the member a Private Message (PM) or optionally, report the post to a Moderator using the 'Report This Post' link. Do not take your complaint to the public forums.
• Keep threads on topic. Start threads in the most appropriate forums.
• No profanity or cursing, please.
• Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, please credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
• Do not post materials if you do not have permission to distribute them electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (hotlinking).
• The YBC Forum staff keeps track of users who upload infringing material or post links to infringing material and, in appropriate circumstances, suspends repeat infringers (those who have posted infringing material on at least one prior occasion).
• No posting of or linking to materials of pornographic nature.
• No shouting (excessive use of capitalized letters).
• Linking to or promotion of other yoga-related online forums or groups is prohibited. However, referencing another forum via a link to credit an original author of a story, information or image is permitted.
• Links to your own blog within posts is not permitted. Links to your blog can go in your signature, which you can create in your profile settings.
Buying/Selling on the YBC Forum
• Public selling/buying/trading is not permitted. Threads of WTS (wanted to sell) or WTB (wanted to buy) nature will be locked or deleted.
• Soliciting your items for sale or desire to buy via Private Messages is prohibited.
• Linking your own auctions is not permitted, in posts, signatures or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to eBay, Bonanzle, eCrater, iOffer and other auction-type sites.
• Offering to obtain goods for others or requesting for others to buy goods for you is not permitted.
• Links to products on smaller or lesser known web merchants are subject to review and might be removed. These links could be viewed as personal promotion or self advertising. Links to sites such as amazon.com, lululemon.com, etc. (where appropriate) are welcome
Promoting your business & listings
• Store/business promotions in form of signature or profile links are only permitted for well established members with 300+ posts and 3+ months of membership.
• Soliciting via Private Messages or spamming the forums with links to your business is prohibited.
• For advertising opportunities, please contact an Administrator.
• Limit the total area occupied by your signature to approximately 400 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall (including images and text).
• Links to personal blogs/websites are encouraged! However, links to yoga forums are not permitted.
• Links to your commercial web site for established members (3 months & 300 posts minimum) only.
Breaking any of the above listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and loss of your YBC Forum account. We also reserve the right to ban any user. The administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of YBC Forum rules. Any messages found to be in violation will be deleted without warning or explanation. We reserve the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
The YBC Forum and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the YBC Forum, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information. The YBC Forum takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the YBC Forum or of the authenticity of its authors. All opinions and views expressed in the YBC Forum are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of the YBC forum and its representatives.
We reserve the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice.
By registering with the YogaByCandace Forum, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by Anahata in Confessions of a Yoga Teacher: So Proud of You
Confessions of a Yoga Teacher Good for you Candace. Unfortunately not everyone has the ability to take that option.
"Any publicity is good publicity" So I will not mention the company name.
Let's do a quick search to see '(company name) treatment of employees' , search link here "cult like" "fat shaming" “educators”
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by CandiLove in Hi from Georgia!
My name is Candice and I recently started getting into yoga again. I was so excited when I stumbled upon YBC. 1. It made me really happy that we have the same name. And 2. This site/app seems perfect for what I need.
I have very little experience with yoga but I'm excited to have this lifestyle change. I'm bipolar and I know that it's much easier for me to keep under control when I'm more zen. Healing and balance must start from within.
I've always loved the idea of handstands and that's my ultimate goal. I know that will be the true test of strength and balance for me.
I'm excited to see where this journey will lead me!
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by Inzabee in Hello from snowy (!?) Manchester, UK!
I am a 27 year old 200 RYT with the yoga alliance. I recently moved to Manchester from Southern England and I don't really have a community of yoga people I know up here (my yoga teacher training coincided with my move up here from down south). Really excited to talk yoga with everyone!
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by YogaByCandace in Youtube Video Request
Yep, I don't really believe in 'marketing' yoga as a detox so I don't have any detox videos up - truly, any vinyasa that gets the blood flowing will be helpful to get things moving to flush out the junk over the holidays. Sleep, water and de-stressing also are a plus.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by LarryD517 in First unread post
If you're accessing posts from the Unread Content link (top right below heading bar), you might notice to the blue circle to the left of the post's subject line ...
If this is a thread that you've posted in and a new post was added, the circle will change to a star.
If you click on either the circle or the star (not the text, for example "31 Day New..." ) you will go to the first unread post. Obviously, if it's a thread with many replies that you never read, the first unread post will be the first post in the very long thread. The star icon simply alerts you to a thread that you have posted in (and presumably would have interest in reading)
If you're reading it from the forum, for example Feedback & Suggestions, you might notice the links to the left of the post subject
As you can see, by hovering the mouse over the circle icon, the icon reveals what happens if you click. The links shown in this image that I've posted in (for example The personal blogs) shows a faint star, indicating that I had already read all the posts.
Irrespective of the star or circle icon, once you've clicked on the thread, the next time you visit the forum list, the icon will be faint.
Does this make sense?
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by smashinash3900 in Where Are You Reading This From?
Hi, I'm Ashlee!! I'm in SLC, Utah. I've been practicing yoga faithfully for just over a year now and love what it's done for me physically and mentally. It's made me a better person and that's why I'm so excited to start this challenge!!
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by LarryD517 in Snapchat?
I guess it's too confusing or intimidating. People spend a lot of their online time at Facebook, etc., so it's pretty easy/natural to click a like button or fire off a quick reply. Forums, to the newbie, can appear unwieldy and it's easy to get lost. With the world moving to mobile, the gap between usability between an Instagram app and posting to a forum will only grow.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by scottcraft in Snapchat?
I've been on forums for a long time, so they are relatively normal to use for me, but where I find a problem is putting pictures on here. I access this forum on my iPad and cell phone 90% of the time and from what I see there's no way to easily upload a picture from my phone or iPad. I know I can (and I do) upload my pictures to photobucket or something similar and put them here like that, but that's not as convenient from a mobile device, especially when your on the go. I think the real problem is I've gotten spoiled by the number of forums that use tapatalk and I don't want to go the long route, lol.
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by scottcraft in Snapchat?
Thanks @YogaByCandace! Quick and easy picture uploading would be nice, but I can make it just fine without it. I'm hoping the forum grows pretty well this year. This is such a great community we have here I hope more people get to experience it!
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by Littlemissyogi in Where Are You Reading This From?
Hi! My name is Brooke and I'm reading this from Colorado Springs, CO! I finished up my 200 hour teacher training in August and just finished up with Level 2 Teacher Training. This is my first post here, I am super excited to be a part of this amazing community <3
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by Chillipepper in New member saying hi
Hello, I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm in the UK and I've been practising yoga on and off for many years since I was taught by my Mum as a child. I taught myself a lot using books and videos, then started having private lessons with a qualified instructor, then decided to try a class. I rely a lot on my solitary home practice because my odd and long working hours don't always allow me to attend classes or lessons regularly.
I'm just here to connect with other people who are interested in yoga.
it's great that there seem to be people all over the world on this forum from what I've seen so far. Anyone else in the UK?
MrBalloonHands liked a post in a topic by AC in Please help - need a yoga buddy!
I really need yoga in my life: the positive impact is incredible, physically, mentally and emotionally. However, as a mother of two children, a wife who is solely in charge of everything kids and home related and a lawyer, I don't always find time for myself to practice.
I am in the UK and would love to have a buddy in the same time zone - or in Europe. I'd just like to have someone to spur me on and someone who I can also motivate. It would be great if this person was more experienced, but that doesn't really matter - we can learn together.
Looking forward to finding someone!