Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dbrown

Headbands...silly But Important

10 posts in this topic

I hate having hair in my face during practice. During hot yoga I also get the added fun of crazy sweat. Is there a headbad that can deal with one or better both of these problems? I have straight hair that is sometimes long, sometimes short. I recently tried the lll bang buster and it was ok but slid around more than I like. Sweaty bands are awesome but they slide a bit in my hair.

Anyone else struggle with this?

I've spent so much money on lululemon and other brands but the ones I always come back to are these by Scunci because they truly don't slide out of place even if I'm sweating like crazy. It doesn't absorb the sweat, but it keeps my hair out of my face.

Oak likes this

I loathe having hair in my face, especially when I'm getting super sweaty while practicing yoga! Having played and coached soccer, I am obsessed with using pre-wrap as a headband. You can make it as loose or tight as you want. And it doesn't budge for me at all whether I'm running, playing soccer or practicing yoga. I run in the headband-slipping conundrum a lot because I feel like I have a strangely shaped head haha! I hope this helps! =)

notlulamae and MrBalloonHands like this

Never would have thought of pre-wrap! But my head might be oddly shaped, too, so I will look in to that.

I'll check out the Scunci's, too!

Hi headband fans! Thanks for all the suggestions above. I've been following with interest because I didn't want to give up on the idea of headbands.

My hair poofs out to the sides when I try to wear headbands in the single loop style because I leave my hair down because it's too short to pull back in a ponytail.  Has anyone tried practicing with an over the head plastic headbands with your hair left down? Would this style remedy the poof issue I have?  I'm looking at these in particular.

I use BondiBand and it is the only headband I have ever used that didn't pop off of my head and it wicks sweat like crazy!! :)