RanjanaVerma

Which Yoga is best for Tiredness?

5 posts in this topic

Hello Friends.

My name is Ranajana, I am working and also I have too many responsibilities in home. I contentiously work 13 hours in a day. Some time I feel mentally and physically tired. 
Please tell me Is Yoga is helpful to provide better relaxation to my mind or body, if is it, then how?

I can't say for sure, but if you're mentally tired, just about any exercise will/should perk you up. However, relaxation, that you ask about, is one of yoga's many benefits doesn't seem to be an issue for you.

Working 13 hours can be physically draining. As to being mentally tired, I've found that whenever I drink anything with caffeine in it, after a short term spike, I always a crash to a much more tired state.

I am not a medical or nutritional practitioner, (this is only my belief and not based on any great scientific research...I admit I can be way off on this...) but I believe caffeine causes a tremendous short term stimulation that has two side effects

1. the body, sensing the spike, no longer needs to adrenaline, so it stops providing your body's natural stimulant 
  2. the body, sensing the spike as a defensive maneuver produces a chemical that slows you down (as it tries to maintain an even keel).

Once the stimulative effect of the caffeine wears off the and the state of the two natural chemicals in your body are still in place, you get the crash...and are sleepy

My suggestion...avoid caffeine...I've found that I am far more alert...all day...when I avoid it. On days where I drink some coffee, I always pass out at my desk mid day.

I know it's counter intuitive, but after 58 years on this planet, I'm 100% convinced that drinking coffee makes you tired (after the initial spike).

I've also found that the more water I drink, the more alert and awake I feel. Try cold water!

Other tips, go to be early (earlier), don't read computer screen within an hour of bed, eat light meals, etc.

As to the yoga poses you're asking about...I'll let other, far more knowledgeable people answer.

RanjanaVerma likes this

Try restorative yoga - involves a lot of props, and some styles hold it for each pose for 30 min. When I am burnt out from work, sometimes I even doze during the poses, which I am very grateful to do because it can be so hard to let go and unwind. Candace have some guided videos for it - try browsing the February restorative program.

RanjanaVerma likes this

If you're looking to perk up as well as relax, incorporating both yin (relax, slow) and yang (fast-paced, increase heart rate) could be beneficial. The yang can really wake up your body and muscles and then you can relax and stretch deeper in the yin.

RanjanaVerma likes this

You Can Use:-

Cobra Pose :-

cobra-pose.jpg?3ce666

Cobra pose opens 4 chakras within the body, reduces tension, stress and fatigue.