Anahata

YBC Blog Windows 10 issues

11 posts in this topic

Bill Gates just forced me to switch to windows 10, without my permission bye-the-way. Now I can no longer view comments on the YBC blog. Is there adjustments I can make to fix this? I checked for cookies and Disqus blocked but can't find anything wrong with that. So I am wondering if there are other parts missing as well. It still looks OK on my phone.

3 hours ago, Anahata said:

Bill Gates just forced me to switch...

Bill Gates retired from Microsoft over 8 years ago, so he had nothing to do with this. Blame Satya Nadella, the new CEO :)

As to your question, the software that controls the forums is "Invision Power Services". I am not familiar with the issue (I'm an Apple user), but if you're have problems seeing something, most likely others are, too. If you try a web search using name of the software and "Windows 10" as well as your specific problem, you might find others seeking and finding a solution. Have you tried using another browser (for example Chrome, Opera or Firefox)?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks Larry,

Foxfire works. Chrome works after I used this below. I think there is some kind of setting on windows 10 that I have to change but I don't what it is.

1. Open a Chrome window
  2. In the top right, click the icon you see: Menu Chrome menu or More More.
  3. Select New Incognito Window.
  4. A new window will open with a gray incognito icon HP3T9YZw7Eo6IoiXDGeV-HE8RUqgFWxwHXQ1irFL.
  5. To close incognito mode, go to the corner of each of your incognito windows and click the X.

Incognito mode isn't available if the account is a part of Windows 10's "Family Mode."

Hi Larry,

I have been unable to "Like" blog posts or to post comments recently.  It's very weird.  I'm an Apple user, and I can't think of any recent updates that I've done.  Puzzler.

LarryD517 likes this

No clue.

My Guess

• Reboot
  • Try a different browser
  • Try a different user account in OS X
  • Try a different computer, if available 

On 7/4/2016 at 11:13 AM, Lorelei said:

Hi Larry,

I have been unable to "Like" blog posts or to post comments recently.  It's very weird.  I'm an Apple user, and I can't think of any recent updates that I've done.  Puzzler.

Maybe Apple did the 'updates' for you? https://actions.sumofus.org/a/planned-obsolescence-is-why-apple-isn-t-a-green-company/?sub=homepage

Maybe Apple needs some yoga lessons.

Quote from SumOfUs

"Apple has been sabotaging devices for years with software "upgrades" that slow every iPhone and iPad except the very latest model. It's a strategy called planned obsolescence, and its one of the ways that Apple and other gadget makers are getting so filthy rich while the planet and everyone else pays. "

On 7/4/2016 at 2:15 PM, LarryD517 said:

No clue.

My Guess

• Reboot
  • Try a different browser
  • Try a different user account in OS X
  • Try a different computer, if available 

Still no "Like" option in the forum for me.  I have not changed my computer or browser.  I'm not sure what it means to "Try a different user account in OS X."  If you can help, Larry, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you!  And I just found that I cannot comment on the blogs either. :(

I use a Macbook and do the updates religiously.  

9 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

I'm not sure what it means to "Try a different user account in OS X."

On computers, you can have multiple users, so you can have your 'session' then a family member can have theirs...and your stuff is kept separate. If you're not familiar, I'd suggest not fooling around as you can do something wrong, or get lost, etc. 

My other suggestions would be to use a different browser, for example, if you Safari, you can also use Chrome (from Google). Maybe try logging out of your account and then back in again. Try logging into your account from a friend's computer. If you can see it in one location, but not another, the issue would be on your computer's end.

21 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Thanks, Larry.  I'll try these suggestions

The software for the forums was just updated. Please let me know if this resolved the issues you seem to be having.
Thanks!