Meugenio

Skin Home Remedies

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any good home remedies for removing blackheads? I've tried the brown sugar and honey on a lemon a few times and I don't think it did anything to help. Also, for some reason, I feel like I'm breaking out more frequently; any good home remedies for battling breakouts?

Oh I am all about home remedies. Blackheads I am not so sure abt but acne and pimple-prone skin, well say hello to the aspirin face mask the most greeatest thing ever. I mix it with honey and quark but you can try a various different ingredients. Anyhow google the risk some people say it's too harsch for the skin, I love it though and have used it frequently for several years.

What You’ll Need:
5-7 Uncoated aspirin pills
Distilled Water (bottled water like Fiji or Evian)
1 tsp Organic Honey

Benefits of the Ingredients:
Aspirin – An anti-inflamatory so it will immediately reduce redness. Contains salicylic acid which is one of the most commonly used ingredients in acne products as it cleans out pores and exfoliates the skin (which is ideal for sloughing away fine lines and wrinkles too).
Honey – The antibacterial properties in honey benefit acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts and healing current flair ups. It’s also a natural humectant so it locks in necessary moisture to keep skin hydrated and glowing.

Instructions:
In a mug, drop the aspirin in with just enough distilled water to create a paste consistency. Let the aspirin dissolve in the water (you can mix a bit if necessary). If it seems a bit too pasty, add more water. If it is too liquidy, add another aspirin. I’d advise not to use more than 8 aspirin. Once you have your paste at the consistency that you like, you can apply to skin as is. However, I find that by adding 1 teaspoon of organic honey, the mask is less drying to the skin. You also receive the added benefits of honey (and I love honey for acne-prone skin) so I have included honey in my directions. You could also sub the honey for olive oil if your skin is extra dry or irritated. I’ve read that people use jojoba oil and tea tree oil as well. It really is a matter of personal preference and what benefit you are going after.

How to Use:
Apply to the face, jaw, chest, back – any area that is prone to breakouts. Leave on for 7-15 minutes. This is great for men too as aspirin is wonderful for ingrown hairs (i.e. beard acne). Use up to two times a week but make sure that you make a new batch each time you use.

*You will notice an immediate glow to the skin once you rinse off the mask. Skin will feel heavenly soft and look luminous. Blackheads should decrease after the first use as well. Enjoy!

laceyd and Meugenio like this

Oh I am all about home remedies. Blackheads I am not so sure abt but acne and pimple-prone skin, well say hello to the aspirin face mask the most greeatest thing ever. I mix it with honey and quark but you can try a various different ingredients. Anyhow google the risk some people say it's too harsch for the skin, I love it though and have used it frequently for several years.

What You’ll Need:

5-7 Uncoated aspirin pills

Distilled Water (bottled water like Fiji or Evian)

1 tsp Organic Honey

Benefits of the Ingredients:

Aspirin – An anti-inflamatory so it will immediately reduce redness. Contains salicylic acid which is one of the most commonly used ingredients in acne products as it cleans out pores and exfoliates the skin (which is ideal for sloughing away fine lines and wrinkles too).

Honey – The antibacterial properties in honey benefit acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts and healing current flair ups. It’s also a natural humectant so it locks in necessary moisture to keep skin hydrated and glowing.

Instructions:

In a mug, drop the aspirin in with just enough distilled water to create a paste consistency. Let the aspirin dissolve in the water (you can mix a bit if necessary). If it seems a bit too pasty, add more water. If it is too liquidy, add another aspirin. I’d advise not to use more than 8 aspirin. Once you have your paste at the consistency that you like, you can apply to skin as is. However, I find that by adding 1 teaspoon of organic honey, the mask is less drying to the skin. You also receive the added benefits of honey (and I love honey for acne-prone skin) so I have included honey in my directions. You could also sub the honey for olive oil if your skin is extra dry or irritated. I’ve read that people use jojoba oil and tea tree oil as well. It really is a matter of personal preference and what benefit you are going after.

How to Use:

Apply to the face, jaw, chest, back – any area that is prone to breakouts. Leave on for 7-15 minutes. This is great for men too as aspirin is wonderful for ingrown hairs (i.e. beard acne). Use up to two times a week but make sure that you make a new batch each time you use.

*You will notice an immediate glow to the skin once you rinse off the mask. Skin will feel heavenly soft and look luminous. Blackheads should decrease after the first use as well. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I have serious acne issues!!
helenschki likes this

Another remedy is tea tree oil on pimples. I find that it really helps, it is anti-bacterial and slightly drying. Has been a life-saver.

Do you just dab the pimple with the tea tree oil? Do you let it dry or wash it off? I have tried all sorts of things to use on my acne and they either don't work or way to harsh. I am looking for something natural that works.

Does anyone have any good home remedies for removing blackheads? I've tried the brown sugar and honey on a lemon a few times and I don't think it did anything to help. Also, for some reason, I feel like I'm breaking out more frequently; any good home remedies for battling breakouts?

I am prone to blackheads around my nose. I do a facial mask once per week that really helps.

I use about 1 teaspoon of red clay, 1 teaspoon of water and a few drops of essential oil (either lavender or tea tree, depending what's going on with my skin).

laceyd likes this

Do you just dab the pimple with the tea tree oil? Do you let it dry or wash it off? I have tried all sorts of things to use on my acne and they either don't work or way to harsh. I am looking for something natural that works.

yes after cleansing I just dab on a few drops but there are wikihows that explain the procedure. Have you tried zink supplements or evening primrose oil?

I think my problem is stress and over exfoliation I notice that when I leave muy skin alone sometimes it gets better.

laceyd likes this

yes after cleansing I just dab on a few drops but there are wikihows that explain the procedure. Have you tried zink supplements or evening primrose oil?

I think my problem is stress and over exfoliation I notice that when I leave muy skin alone sometimes it gets better.

No, I have not tried either one of those. I will look them and check em! Thanks for the suggestions!

I agree about the stress! I know that's part of my problem as well. Not sure how to fix that. Lol

I am prone to blackheads around my nose. I do a facial mask once per week that really helps.

I use about 1 teaspoon of red clay, 1 teaspoon of water and a few drops of essential oil (either lavender or tea tree, depending what's going on with my skin).

Okay maybe this is a dumb question...but what exactly is red clay and where can I get it? Thanks for your suggestion! =)

red clay is a powdered clay you can buy from wholesalesuppliesplus.com

you can also use green clay or mineral clay if it's easier to find for you

personnaly i use st-yves dead see mineral clay masc every few days. But i put very little on my face and only for 5 minutes (whiles brushing my teeth at night).

Yogabliss likes this

I use baking soda. Baking soda can treat blackheads because of its antiseptic quality. You have to mix baking soda and water until you get a paste-like mixture. It's very important to use it on a regular basis. If this doesn't help you, there is an interesting article on how to eliminate blackheads and get clear, glowing skin at this website.