LarryD517

Fun poses that aren't impossible

8 posts in this topic

I was amazed that Baby Grasshopper was not as difficult as it looks 

...the students would roll their eyes and laugh that there was no possible way they'd be able to do it...and then, lo and behold, every single person would get up on the first try. ...

What other poses would you recommend that look difficult, but aren't?

YogaByCandace and Christa like this

Fun! Good to know.  It's interesting though, after 4 months of recovering from my top of foot injury, I lost all the muscles at the top of my foot and a lot of leg strength from minimal walking. And... I got back into yoga and when the baby grasshopper pose came up in Candace's video, I couldn't get up or move at all!  This is after I used to be able to do it.  But, another 2 months of getting back into things, I can do it again.  So, just because it's "easier" than it looks, give yourself full credit for the strength that it does require!

Hand to Big Toe Pose -Utthita Hasta Padngusthasana - and fun to say too!!  Using a strap to begin, this one I love for teaching students that rooting down through the planted foot and reaching out through the heel of the raised foot helps so much with balance.  It's also lighthearted in class as nearly everyone falls a little bit.  

Good thread!

YogaByCandace and scottcraft like this

I love 8 Angle Pose. I am working hard on this one. It does take so much body strength but I feel like if I work on this daily I will master it. It is most difficult to get my leg straight. I can lift myself and come to the Forward position but have yet to get my leg straight. I am using my blocks as well.!  Great video for me your direction is perfect!