nicoleboteler

Daily Practice at Home

3 posts in this topic

Hello! 

I have been practicing yoga somewhat consistently for the past 6 months or so and I was wondering what people do every day, what poses do you incorporate every time you practice, do you have a goto sequence? I am doing this at home and usually just pick a random video of Candace's and it feels good, but I would love to have more of a guideline or loose structure to go on in advancing my practice.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Candace got me into yoga and I love everything I learn about it and am hungry for more, just need something to keep me going and getting on the mat everyday instead of skipping a session because I can't decide what to work on that day.

Thank you in advance! 

Nicole

mimisouth likes this

I guess it depends on what your goals are. Do you have a goal pose? Somewhere you would like to tone or strengthen? 

What works for me is kind of following yoga videos based on a workout schedule/split. So for instance, one day I'll do a core heavy class, next upper body, then, lower body, total body, balance, etc. When I need more of a rest, I do some yin, pranayama, or meditation.

Not sure if this helps or not, but this is what I go with.