Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anahata

Lessons from My Shoulder Injury, YBC

2 posts in this topic

Hi Candace, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I didn't know until I read today. 

I have seen and heard, I don't know, 50 different teachings and ideas for Tadasana. But I never really understood Tadasana until I read this https://yogainternational.com/article/view/resolving-neck-tension Maybe you can find something in that as well? It is such a coincidence, I just taught this idea in my last class but for different reasons, to help with making more space and less restricted breath. I also recently got rid of my desk chair and replaced it with a sitting bench, kind of like sitting on the floor but up at chair height. I sit in lotus or cross legged and other ways. I have noticed a huge difference and I am really liking it. My back muscles were a little sore at first because it forces the use of different muscles and posture. Hopefully others can get something from this as well.

YogaByCandace likes this

Awesome article, thank you so much for sharing! I've come to see this injury as a blessing - lots of opportunity for growth and learning for sure.