Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meugenio

Miracle Gel Nail Polish

4 posts in this topic

I just saw that Sally Hansen has a new miracle gel nail polish that gives you the gel polish finish without exposure to light. I've always been curious about gel nail polish but I haven't had a chance to try it. Has anyone tried this new Sally Hansen product? What do you think?

I just saw that Sally Hansen has a new miracle gel nail polish that gives you the gel polish finish without exposure to light. I've always been curious about gel nail polish but I haven't had a chance to try it. Has anyone tried this new Sally Hansen product? What do you think?

I've been curious about it also. I almost bought some but didn't want to waste my money if it really wasn't that great.

Okay, I'm like a nail fanatic, lol, soooo... here's my two cents!

First of all, it's definitely a good top coat, but don't waste your money on the colored polish, because you can use the topcoat and get the same results from regular polish. (See review here: http://imabeautygeek.com/2014/07/04/sally-hansen-miracle-gel-review-swatches/#axzz3HVBSp35H)

You will almost certainly get decent wear, but nothing like an actual gel mani (which should be like iron, basically, lol).

The only downside is that it's supposedly a slow drying topcoat. I don't like them, for me--I change my polish every 1-2 days, so I want it dry fast so I can get out the door (and I don't worry as much about wear, since I am changing my polish so frequently). However, if you're not that into painting your nails all the time like I am, it might be great for you!

My go-to is Orly bonder base or Essie Grow Stronger base, whatever polish, and Seche Vite. Seche Vite gives a similar look to gel (thick, glassy) and dries VERY fast. I usually see chipping in about two to four days, which is perfect for me. Most of the time I take off my polish way before I would ever see a chip.

Meugenio likes this

Okay, I'm like a nail fanatic, lol, soooo... here's my two cents!

First of all, it's definitely a good top coat, but don't waste your money on the colored polish, because you can use the topcoat and get the same results from regular polish. (See review here: http://imabeautygeek.com/2014/07/04/sally-hansen-miracle-gel-review-swatches/#axzz3HVBSp35H)

You will almost certainly get decent wear, but nothing like an actual gel mani (which should be like iron, basically, lol).

The only downside is that it's supposedly a slow drying topcoat. I don't like them, for me--I change my polish every 1-2 days, so I want it dry fast so I can get out the door (and I don't worry as much about wear, since I am changing my polish so frequently). However, if you're not that into painting your nails all the time like I am, it might be great for you!

My go-to is Orly bonder base or Essie Grow Stronger base, whatever polish, and Seche Vite. Seche Vite gives a similar look to gel (thick, glassy) and dries VERY fast. I usually see chipping in about two to four days, which is perfect for me. Most of the time I take off my polish way before I would ever see a chip.

Ooohhh thanks for the tips! =)