Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnYoga

Yoga tips for men

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have been practicing yoga for a few years now and love it. For some reason I can't get my friends to take it up with me, most of whom are male. Have people experienced a similar bias towards yoga from males? Any tips on how to get more guys involved?

Namaste,

John

Just tell them what it does for you, how it makes you feel, how it's a great workout, etc. Chances are they'll ignore it, but some might latch on.

Men are intimidated mainly because they're so inflexible, they give up after five minutes. 

JohnnYoga likes this

7 hours ago, JohnnYoga said:

Hey all,

I have been practicing yoga for a few years now and love it. For some reason I can't get my friends to take it up with me, most of whom are male. Have people experienced a similar bias towards yoga from males? Any tips on how to get more guys involved?

Namaste,

John

I managed to drag my husband to classes about a year ago but he quickly gave up. I suspect partly because there were only a couple of other men in the beginner classes we attended (I find many more in my hot classes). He also mentioned it has a reputation of being "girly" but that if men actually attended they'd quickly realise it's not always easy and can actually be quite challenging.

I have an elderly man in one of my classes and he absolutely rocks it!

JohnnYoga likes this