LarryD517

Pet boast thread

10 posts in this topic

Share photos of your favorite pet (if they're with you or if they've moved on).

I'll start...

This is Harvey (Golden Doodle) who turns one tomorrow (June 16)

d.png

His baby photo...with his proud mama looking over her liter

2.png

scottcraft likes this

dawww so cute!! I'll have to come back with a photo later but I have a cat and a dog who are my fur babies. My dog is a rescue dog mix breed and he is my heart and soul, we walk every morning together and he makes life so much fun!

I just wanted to share that Candace's tips for taking yoga progress photos totally applies for capturing the cutest moments for pets (and probably kids too since they move so fast).  

When my bunny got older, I made sure to capture videos of all the adorable moments (e.g. feeding treats, washing face), and then I took screenshots later during playback.  Here is our bunny (RIP Jan 2016) eating an orchid that fell off on its own.

Screenshot_2016-05-11-11-35-12.png

LarryD517 and scottcraft like this

7 hours ago, yogafire said:

I just wanted to share that Candace's tips for taking yoga progress photos totally applies for capturing the cutest moments for pets (and probably kids too since they move so fast).  

When my bunny got older, I made sure to capture videos of all the adorable moments (e.g. feeding treats, washing face), and then I took screenshots later during playback.  Here is our bunny (RIP Jan 2016) eating an orchid that fell off on its own.

Screenshot_2016-05-11-11-35-12.png

That's pretty neat! Most people I know that have rabbits raise them to eat. 

16 minutes ago, scottcraft said:

That's pretty neat! Most people I know that have rabbits raise them to eat. 

Noooooo, mine was too cute to eat! I do admire people who can slaughter and butcher their own meat. How do they resist making friends with them?

5 minutes ago, yogafire said:

Noooooo, mine was too cute to eat! I do admire people who can slaughter and butcher their own meat. How do they resist making friends with them?

At one point I could have done it, but probably not now. Friends not food, lol. 

This is Zena, my Decker Rat Terrier (also now known as Giant Rat Terriers.) We recently celebrated having brought her home 9 years ago on the 24th of June! It doesn't feel like we've had her that long, to be honest. She came to our home because, well, she was bullying the other dogs at her other home and her owner (whom we still talk to) thought we were perfect.

She's now 12 and loves to sun, sleep and go on walks. Oh, and eat Greenies. @LarryD517 be warned of the Greenies. They are like doggie crack. If Harvey ever gets one...down the rabbit hole you go. XD 

Zena head tilt.jpg

scottcraft and yogafire like this

6 hours ago, KateZena said:

This is Zena, my Decker Rat Terrier (also now known as Giant Rat Terriers.) We recently celebrated having brought her home 9 years ago on the 24th of June! It doesn't feel like we've had her that long, to be honest. She came to our home because, well, she was bullying the other dogs at her other home and her owner (whom we still talk to) thought we were perfect.

She's now 12 and loves to sun, sleep and go on walks. Oh, and eat Greenies. @LarryD517 be warned of the Greenies. They are like doggie crack. If Harvey ever gets one...down the rabbit hole you go. XD 

Zena head tilt.jpg

That's a pretty dog!