emoore

Favorite Tea?

57 posts in this topic

I absolutely LOVE tea. I have so many. I generally do loose leaf from the little health food stores in Germany, but I picked up some earl grey in London and that's been my morning tea for the last few months. I also make my own with ginger and lemon. My favorite is a rooibos, or a white tea. So yum! 

Yogabliss and Meugenio like this

My favorite tea of all time is Tazo Zen tea, just the perfect blend of green tea, lemongrass and spearmint. I drank it every morning while teaching; my students knew it was my favorite so I never ran out of tea from them!

Yogabliss and afriske like this

Definetly green tea ! But it has to be loose leaf , what a difference it makes

Makes SUCH a difference, you're right! I just started drinking loose leaf recently and I couldn't believe what I had been missing out on haha

Laura and fshliz09 like this

I really love tea, of course loose leaf, and my favourites are green, white and oolong teas. And pue-rh also, a latest discovery. I usually use a dedicated teapot for every kind of tea, to save its specific flavour, and measure temperature of water: I'm a sort of tea-maniac, indeed :lol:

Turi, yogagrammy, beth and 2 others like this

Definitely agree with everyone that loose leaf tea is the way to go. And proper teapots are just so adorable!

Mine would have to be green tea, rooibos, jasmine tea, peppermint when I'm in the throws of painful monthly cramps. I've got an amazing vanilla loose leaf tea at home which is also delicious, and one which tastes like chocolate!!  :wub:

I've made my own chai tea a few times, which is amazing.

Yogabliss and Laura like this

Where do you all get your teas from? I have ordered from teavana and rose mountain herbs. I don't have any place that sells great teas here in my hometown but order on line. I do pick up some when I go shopping elsewhere and come across some but on line shopping is my usual way to shop. I like herbal teas mostly but also Chai, rooibos too. 

fshliz09 likes this

I stick to teabags... Not sure why. Currently binging on Twinings lemon and ginger tea, when I'm not drinking that, I'm drinking Palanquin's spearmint tea. Yum :)

Oooh, Earl Grey is my ultimate favorite. But I love loose-leaf green tea, and pu-erh, and a good milk oolong. My friend in England recently sent me a care package (I've just moved back to the states after 15 years there) from the London Tea Club and the selection is amazing. I'm saving up to do an order from 3 Seeds Tea.

emoore and pony like this

A friend of mine turned me into a Republic of Tea fan with just the first sip. That same day I made an order for like $40+ on tea while at her house. lol. The tea that turned me into a fan was PassionFruit Papaya Black Tea. I also bought some rooibos tea as I read it's very healthy for you.

I love peppermint the most. I prefer loose tea but I'll do bags too.

I am lucky to have a great tea shop within a 20-30 minute bus ride of me. I am considering placing an order with MountainRoseHerbs as they sell tea too.

Yogabliss likes this

I looooove chai, but I drink all kinds of tea. My favorite brands of tea are Mighty Leaf and Tea Forte. I love loose leaf tea as well, my grandmother always says that tea from a bag is not real tea, hahaha

Living in China I'm spoilt for tea :) I drink pu'er tea daily, loose leaf, in mugs that I can just top up with hot water during the day. I recently found a brand that blends pu'er with other favors like jasmine, rose or citrus.

Yogabliss, pony and Laura like this

I have spent years not drinking tea because it gave me stomach aches until I finally realised that if I just stick to herbal teas I´m fine. So no black tea for me.

A favourite is Emotional Detox tea from Shoti Maa - it is Sweet Hibiscus and mint, very sweet  :13: (Shooti Maa by the way might be an example of cultural appropriation - it´s based in Holland but advertises the tea as ayurvedic based on indian yogic wisdom. Or maybe it´s genuine, I don´t know). Otherwise I´ll drink any herbal tea really.

I dislike green tea, but never tried it loose leaf. Guess I better do that ^_^  

Laura likes this

Most of my loose leaf tea is from Teavana. I do drink bagged tea too, especially when I'm in a hurry. One bagged tea I love is Stash Chai Green Tea.

I'm a tea obsessive.  I really only drink speciality loose leaf tea and have a ridiculous tea cupboard.  My favourites change with the season, but currently I have on heavy rotation some alishan high mountain oolong, some shou puerh that I chip off of a bing, and some really excellent sencha from Postcard Teas.  I tend to buy my teas directly from suppliers that go to the individual family farms to buy the harvests because big tea plantations are rife with abuse and ill treatment of their workers, and the quality of hand crafted small estate tea is generally much better.  A couple of UK suppliers that I love and trust are Postcard Tea and Comins Tea House, but I'll generally buy from anyone who can tell me the actual name of the guy who grew the tea.  I also drink matcha every morning for a pick me up, love it!

FemmeLife, Yogalove and Laura like this

My favorite tea of all time is Tazo Zen tea, just the perfect blend of green tea, lemongrass and spearmint. I drank it every morning while teaching; my students knew it was my favorite so I never ran out of tea from them!

yes!! I wish I could find a decaf that tastes just like it.  I am so caffeine sensitive that I can only drink it in the morning,  I switch to tazo passion tea and refresh tea in the afternoons.

roxychalk and Meugenio like this

Most of my loose leaf tea is from Teavana. I do drink bagged tea too, especially when I'm in a hurry. One bagged tea I love is Stash Chai Green Tea.

I just ordered some teas from teavana a couple of days ago. I ordered the strawberry blush rose oolong, dragonfruit devotional herbal, marshmellow macaron herbal, gingerbread loose leaf black teas. I can't wait to get them! I I also love to mix them sometimes.  :37:

Turi, roxychalk, Yogabliss and 1 other like this

I just ordered some teas from teavana a couple of days ago. I ordered the strawberry blush rose oolong, dragonfruit devotional herbal, marshmellow macaron herbal, gingerbread loose leaf black teas. I can't wait to get them! I I also love to mix them sometimes.  :37:

All those sound GOOD!  :P

yogagrammy likes this

I crushed a an earl grey tea today. It had been so long and I had forgotten just how good they are for breakfast!  :24:

Yeah, it's so good. My favorite is Earl Grey French Blue of Mariage Frères, a tea I received as a gift, really delicious. I have to order it somewhere!

Another tea I like for breakfast, even if it's very different,  is Genmaicha, a Japanese tea with toasted rice: its taste is reach and comforting, especially in winter.

yogafire and Yogabliss like this