emoore

Favorite Tea?

57 posts in this topic

I loooooovvve tea so much so I thought I would never find anything as good as the good old English breakfast tea (caffeine included). However, thought I should cut down on caffeine and now my favourite tea is liquorice and chamomile and vanilla.. But I'm liking the sound of loose tea. Will have to hunt some down...

Katka, Yogabliss and MrBalloonHands like this

I'm slowly becoming a tea convert :)
For bagged tea: Tazo Passion, Tazo Baked Apple Cinnamon (the old one, the newer one is okay but it doesn't have as rich of a caramel/rooibos taste) and the ever elusive Numi Decaf Black Vanilla

For loose: I don't tend to drink loose as much but I like the Youthberry / Wild Orange Blossom blend at Teavana. It's fairly expensive but every once in a while I like to treat myself to it :)

I can't really handle green tea, I wish I could :(

MrBalloonHands, Yogabliss and Turi like this

Tea is seriously the best! My favorite comes from a local tea shop and is called Dallience. It's a black loose leaf tea with chocolate and coconut. They only sell it in the winter, so i have to stock up on enough to last me the whole year! 

You guys are amazing! I am not really all that into tea, but I am wanting to find some tea(s) that I really like to replace some of my coffee intake with (I'm an espresso nut over here). Tea always just tastes... kind of like water to me.

So, can anyone make me a recommendation? I looooooove coffee, lol, so translating that to tea, I would say that I like strong flavors, spicy, not really sweet/fruity. I have tried bagged chai and I don't really get the appeal... Maybe I need to try loose-leaf?

Or maybe I am going about this wrong, and should not try to reproduce coffee with tea, lol. Any very tea-like tea recommendations?

MrBalloonHands and Yogabliss like this

You guys are amazing! I am not really all that into tea, but I am wanting to find some tea(s) that I really like to replace some of my coffee intake with (I'm an espresso nut over here). Tea always just tastes... kind of like water to me.

So, can anyone make me a recommendation? I looooooove coffee, lol, so translating that to tea, I would say that I like strong flavors, spicy, not really sweet/fruity. I have tried bagged chai and I don't really get the appeal... Maybe I need to try loose-leaf?

Or maybe I am going about this wrong, and should not try to reproduce coffee with tea, lol. Any very tea-like tea recommendations?

I also loooove coffee. One good thing about loose-leaf tea is that you can make it as strong as you want. Also, I really like a Dirty Chai- a chai latte with an espresso shot added- yummm!

Katka, Yogabliss and MrBalloonHands like this

I also loooove coffee. One good thing about loose-leaf tea is that you can make it as strong as you want. Also, I really like a Dirty Chai- a chai latte with an espresso shot added- yummm!

Oh my gah that sounds like heaven. I had no idea that was a thing! I'll have one in the morning and report back. :)

MrBalloonHands likes this

Ok so I guess I'm the one person that doesn't like tea :(

I'd really like to, especially since it's cold now and I want something warm to drink instead of my water

Any suggestions for non tea drinkers? I've tried herbal, chai, green, and others...yet i can't get beyond the taste (i dont do coffee either, so i feel kind of hopeless lol)

I read an article saying I should try peppermint tea

YogaByCandace likes this

Does anyone drink apple cider vinegar in hot water? :) I'm trying it as a digestive aid....

Yes ma'am, I have done that before! I added cranberry juice to it to give it a little flavor though cuz whew that is tough to get down! 

I also wanted to pass on to you all that I found the most amazing tea brand. It's called Eilles and it is FANtastic. I mean, so so so good. Anyone tried?

Ayala likes this

Ok so I guess I'm the one person that doesn't like tea :(

I'd really like to, especially since it's cold now and I want something warm to drink instead of my water

Any suggestions for non tea drinkers? I've tried herbal, chai, green, and others...yet i can't get beyond the taste (i dont do coffee either, so i feel kind of hopeless lol)

I read an article saying I should try peppermint tea

Yes, I have a tip for you! Whatever you decide to get, spring for the good stuff because the taste won't be compromised that way. Harney & Sons is a great brand. Eilles is unbelievable. Go for loose leaf if possible, because that'll have the most flavor. Sometimes when you pick up a box of tea you put the bag in and it barely steeps so it just tastes like water with maybe a hint of something, but nothing that would wow you. 

I personally love peppermint and also anything fruity. Vanilla rooibos is a great tea as well. I wouldn't recommend a green tea because those have to be steeped at a certain temperature so they don't get too bitter and it's just kind of a hassle for a newbie, in my opinion, to be worried about the water temp and a timer and all of that haha. Let us know how it goes!

femmefatalekris likes this

I absolutely love tea! I often buy from a local tea shop. They have a great selection of herbal, black, green, white, and oolong teas. The owners are so knowledge about the different teas and the medicinal uses of herbs! I love listening to them. My favorite tea bag is Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice. I go through this stuff like crazy!

Laura and YogaByCandace like this

Yes ma'am, I have done that before! I added cranberry juice to it to give it a little flavor though cuz whew that is tough to get down! 

I also wanted to pass on to you all that I found the most amazing tea brand. It's called Eilles and it is FANtastic. I mean, so so so good. Anyone tried?

I always had coffee in mind when thinking of Eilles. I will be looking for Eilles tea as soon as my huge stock of Kusmi and Løv runs low. Might take a while though :D

YogaByCandace likes this

I haven't been into tea for years and just recently started drinking some again. I really like Kusmi and Løv because they come in beautiful tins, ha ha :lol:.

Oh I am a sucker for a tea with a good tin I can reuse!  :3:

Yogalove and mimisouth like this

I'm a tea obsessive too so it's great to read these posts and find out about other brands I haven't yet explored - thanks guys!

I am a loose leaf girl too and my favourites are Earl Grey, Jasmine and the Chai and Green Peppermint teas from a UK based company called Brew Tea. On holiday in Granada recently I discovered an Earl Grey and Lavender by Revolution Tea, sounds odd but I love it!

You tea enthusiasts might like this loose leaf tea travel mug, I bought one as an early Christmas pressie to myself and it's fab.

http://www.libretea.com

pony likes this

thanks for the suggestions...i did a lot of research and everyone has suggested loose teas

i think i may go to teavana and try the blends there

Oh good choice! They have an awesome selection, and I love that they have free samples in store so you can try before you buy!

Cajun Cold Killer---Boil a few pieces of thin slice fresh ginger in 6-8 cups water for 10 mins. Reduce to simmer and throw in 1 tsp tumeric, 1/8 tsp cayenne (I use a 1/4 but it's for real deal only), 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves and let simmer for 10 mins. Strain in mug - add raw honey and a healthy squeeze of lemon. This will heat the body so warm. Great anytime but especially with colds or during damp winter days. No kidding this is spicy. It's like drinkin from the pot after a crawfish boil. Also if you're really sick....add 1oz of good Kentucky bourbon then it's nite nite all nite.

Cajun Cold Killer---Boil a few pieces of thin slice fresh ginger in 6-8 cups water for 10 mins. Reduce to simmer and throw in 1 tsp tumeric, 1/8 tsp cayenne (I use a 1/4 but it's for real deal only), 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves and let simmer for 10 mins. Strain in mug - add raw honey and a healthy squeeze of lemon. This will heat the body so warm. Great anytime but especially with colds or during damp winter days. No kidding this is spicy. It's like drinkin from the pot after a crawfish boil. Also if you're really sick....add 1oz of good Kentucky bourbon then it's nite nite all nite.

this. sounds. ah-mazing. :37:

MrBalloonHands, Turi and Yogabliss like this

Thank you I will try it tonight sounds great