YogaByCandace

Who's Ready?!

72 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! this is the space to share ideas, ask questions and motivate each other to keep up with the practice as we move through this project! Remember, we're aiming for 4 - 5 times per week of 30-60 minutes (you're welcome to do more, but please, listen to your body). You can do whatever practice you like, and feel free to use the suggestions I gave you as a guide. 

The schedule is below and remember, feel free to "check in" whenever you're about to begin or finish your practice and use hashtag #YBCprogress so we can easily find each other on instagram/twitter if you choose to share. I'm also going to be inviting the readers to practice along with us on this challenge and they'll use the same hashtag as well! 

SCHEDULE:

November 1st - Begin your practice. Aim to practice 4-5 times per week between 30-60 minutes not including a warm up. Tip: If you need help remembering, setting an alarm on your phone is a great way to stay committed!
November 13 - You will receive an email asking for your feedback and an invitation to send in your progress picture. Send this picture in at the end of one of your practice so you're very warm.
November 15 - You'll receive a new yoga program that you'll begin the following day.
November 16 - Begin the new program.
December 5 - You'll receive an email asking for your feedback and an invitation to send in your final progress picture. Send this picture in at the end of your practice so you're very warm.
December 9 - Post goes live!

OK...LET'S DO THIS! :24:
Shawn, Meugenio, Mana and 2 others like this

Hey everybody... I startet yesterday with a Workshop by Meghan Currie. She is awesome. Today I feel every single muscle of my body. But it's great. Today there are two more sessions each 2 hours! I'm excited!

Yogabliss, Mana and YogaByCandace like this

Hey everybody... I startet yesterday with a Workshop by Meghan Currie. She is awesome. Today I feel every single muscle of my body. But it's great. Today there are two more sessions each 2 hours! I'm excited!

Aw! Love her!!! 

Reggi likes this

Yay! Would love to hear how everyone did! 

Mana, an hour and 40 mins! WHEW! Let us know how your hamstrings feel tomorrow!  :D

Well, it wasn't a dynamic yoga, you know. It was really slow one with double checking if the pose was right  ;) 

Surprisingly, hamstrings are ok  :D

But I can feel hips, hip bones :huh:  and every muscle of my back now. Keeping the shoulders away from my ears is a real challenge )

And I finished today's practice (1h30m, I was fast :D ) . It was a little harder to do and I was less flexible because of some muscles soreness. It's ok, I know it will pass  :)

Reggi, Yogabliss and YogaByCandace like this

Well, it wasn't a dynamic yoga, you know. It was really slow one with double checking if the pose was right  ;) 

Surprisingly, hamstrings are ok  :D

But I can feel hips, hip bones :huh:  and every muscle of my back now. Keeping the shoulders away from my ears is a real challenge )

And I finished today's practice (1h30m, I was fast :D ) . It was a little harder to do and I was less flexible because of some muscles soreness. It's ok, I know it will pass  :)

Nice work! So proud of you!

Reggi and Mana like this

Nice work! So proud of you!

Thank you! 

I want to let you know, that I've started a blog for this challenge (or more, we'll see). It's in russian (mostly), because my english is not so fluent, but I want to do some notes, findings and tracks during the way.
Should I add it to my signature or profile here? Is it ok with all that links to your site and blog?
Oh, here it is  :)
Reggi, YogaByCandace and Yogabliss like this

Day 3 was a rest day for me, because of the exhausting (but awesome) workshop I did on day 1 and 2. This morning I did some sun solutions plus trikonasana, bakasana, shalabhasana, childs pose and a 30 min guided bodyscan (unfortunately I fell asleep over it, but its ok). Later in the day I will go to my weekly yoga class. For tomorrow I can not await to do some of Candace videos. I am feeling good, just a little tired, but still excited! :D  Love and all the best ^_^

YogaByCandace, Yogabliss and Mana like this

Good work, everyone! So proud of you all! I am so glad you are doing well and sticking with it. I've been checking in intermittently because I'm traveling, but hopefully later on in the week I'll be settled in and more present. Keep up the great work, guys, and don't forget to check in when you feel like it with #YBCprogress on instagram. I can usually pop in on there once a day or so :)

Yogabliss and Mana like this

Ah, so I've had a super crazy week! Crazy enough to throw off my morning yoga practice, which was a bummer. But I did make sure to practice in the evening once all my work was done! (It was my reward to myself haha!) I didn't get to practice as long as I usually do for each session (about 30 minutes each), but I got such an awesome, longer practice in today. I did Candace's 15 min. gentle morning yoga video, 15 min. yoga for men and then 20 min. yoga for back flexibility. I feel super yoga blissed out (one of my favorite feelings ever) and stretchy. The only thing I'm a little concerned about right now is that I think my right side body is a little tighter than my left side body; I noticed it was more difficult to get into and hold mermaid pose on my right side rather than my left (or maybe my alignment was just off?). Candace, is there anything in particular that I can do to work on this?

Sorry to ramble. Hope you all had a great week. It's almost the weekend woohoo! =)

Yogabliss likes this

Hmm, I would just be mindful of the way you carry yourself OFF the mat. You might be always sitting on one hip rather than the other, or crossing the right over the left leg all the time and never vice versa. Always listen to your body, too - if you need a good rest day or two, take it. I wouldn't overstretch one side to bring it at the same level of openness as the other..

Mana, Meugenio and Yogabliss like this

I had to have a couple days off the mat - felt sick and really bad :(
And today I had a really long practice - almost 2 hours  B) . Enjoyed it a lot!  :) 
How are you there, girls? 

Yogabliss and Meugenio like this