YogaByCandace

Who's Ready?!

72 posts in this topic

I went to a free yoga class at lululemon today...and walked 3 miles there and back in the cold just for it haha! It was an interesting class. There were only three of us, so the instructor could really look at our alignment and do hands-on adjustments and assists (which I love and I miss it when I can't go to studio classes). But it definitely felt like we were left on one side for longer than another when she was helping out a specific student. And it was weird that people walking by the lululemon storefront were staring at us lol. But hey, I'll take free yoga any day!

Hope everyone's doing well! Happy Sunday! =)

Mana and Reggi like this

Hey everyone! I've had a busy birthday week visiting London and Amsterdam and am now home with some sort of knee injury... Not good. It's really bummed me out. I'm off to visit the doctors in a couple of days.

Any advice? :unsure:

Meugenio and Mana like this

Hey everyone! I've had a busy birthday week visiting London and Amsterdam and am now home with some sort of knee injury... Not good. It's really bummed me out. I'm off to visit the doctors in a couple of days.

Any advice? :unsure:

Get well soon!  

Meugenio and notlulamae like this

notlulamae, I hope you're okay and that your injury isn't serious. Happy belated birthday!

Mana, so happy and excited for you, woohoo! Keep up your awesome practice! =)

I'm feeling okay today...just finished the yin yoga practice video. I used a rolled up fleece blanket and an even thicker fleece blanket as my bolster. I'm not sure if I got the full benefits of the practice because I felt a little lumpy in places. That's what I get for using two blankets I suppose haha.

notlulamae, MrBalloonHands and Mana like this

Hi guys, just got back from a week away for work reasons , tried my best to practice even with the small amount of free time that I had, but so looking forward to get back on track

Happy belated birthday, notlulamae. Hope you are feeling better!

Hi... I didn't get to practice as often as I would like to do at the last days. At day 6-10 I just did some sunsolutions in the morning and some streches bevor I went to bed. That was really frustrated, but I didn´t find the time. But yesterday I did a great, longer practice. I did sunsolutions and cat/cow to warm up. After that I did Candace's 20 min. yoga for back flexibility video and then 30 min. feel good heart opening yoga video. It felt fantastic after all. :wub:

Way to go!

Thanks all!

Knees feeling a bit better, it's a soft tissue injury from too much walking in Amsterdam! Glad to hear of your guys progess! :7:

Glad to hear you are doing better
MrBalloonHands and Reggi like this

Hi guys, today im feeling so energyzed! Did my practice last night and I can feel the difference in my body by folowing Candace videos my wheel pose might not be perfect, but I definetly feel stronger and more confident about it

Meugenio, MrBalloonHands and Mana like this

So it was a super exciting day today! I practiced for about 90 minutes and felt really good afterwards. Then I took a couple videos as I moved in and out of dancer's pose on both sides. I also tried to reach back to grab hold of my raised foot to see how close I could get to the full expression. It didn't feel like much, but I'm really happy after looking at my pictures (despite how low-quality the pictures and videos were because I didn't change my settings...whoops!). My dancer's pose definitely looks (and feels) more open than before (even though you can't see my standing leg; so sorry about my photographing bloops!) and my attempt at the full expression wasn't as bad as I thought. I can only grab my toes and hold the kinda full expression for a few seconds, but I'm so excited to continue and keep seeing progress!

How are you ladies doing and feeling today? I hope you're having an awesome Thursday; it's almost the weekend woohoo!

And Candace, thank you SO MUCH for putting this project together and for all the work you continue to put into it! It's such a great feeling to communicate with others, support each other and see our progress together. I don't know if I would've ever tried to progress in a specific pose or even attempt to document my practice, but I'm so glad I'm doing it with this project. Thanks a bunch and hope you're having some fun travels! =)

Mana, Reggi, Yogabliss and 2 others like this

Of course! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! 

As a reminder, everyone - Jan sent out an email yesterday asking for your first progress photo and filling out a quick feedback form.

Can't wait to see everyone's poses!! 

Photo is sent and feedback is submitted  :18: 

My legs are almost straight in forward fold, wow!  :23:  Going to believe I really can  :D. Really great feeling

I think Yogabliss posted this in another part of the forum, but I've been feeling just a tad bit more stiff before and while I'm warming up to practice yoga. At least the cold weather is another reason to keep practicing yoga; I need to loosen up those stiff muscles haha!

I know I should have realized this earlier, but I found that, as I breathed deeper and focused on my breath, it was SO much easier to move into (my attempt at) full dancer's pose.

How is everyone doing with their practice? Hope you're all doing well! =)

Reggi, Mana and Yogabliss like this

On a kind of unrelated note, I just got into my first bound headstand ever aaahhh! It's still a challenge to pull my feet straight up in the air together, but I'm actually balancing on my head and forearms! I'm so excited about this because I've always been afraid of crashing out of the pose in a class and of injuring myself somehow. I tumbled and fell out a couple of times, but it just brought me more joy because I felt like a kid, tumbling around again. Times like these make me even more grateful for my yoga practice and for all the amazing things my body can do!

Reggi, Yogabliss, Mana and 2 others like this