Anahata

An excellent video for yoga sitting

6 posts in this topic

This is an interesting video. I wish it came with subtitles as I really dislike sound (computer sound always hurts my ears for some reason.)

I'm often amazed how when you become more aware of your problems in yoga, you become more aware of your issues in other sports, especially equestrian sports. How your sit on your horse will directly affect how you ride. If you round your back out and stick your pelvis to the back, you become heavier on the horse and you move against the horse's movements because you're closed in. Sit up straight and tuck your hips in, you become centered on the horse and now you can move <i>with</i> the horse. Open hips and body are good for horses as they are for yoga! Hip openers, not my favorite, but they are necessary.

Have you ever heard of horseback yoga @Anahata? It's doing yoga with and on horses. I've always wanted to try that out. They both have so much in common. Balance, mindfulness, stability, flexibility, strength, openness, posture, energy...all things yoga and riding on horseback have in common. I'm sure I could list more if I stayed a while and thought, but those are what come to mind first! 

This was a really good video, though a bit slow and I got kind of bored (:unsure:), but the skeletal images were really useful visual aids, I just wish we had seen more of him showing the differences in posture and alignment himself as well.