Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happyvibes

Yoga without the savasana

3 posts in this topic

Ok folks so i am trying to broaden my horizon and try different  yoga classes with different teachers not stick with my usually favorite. Been doing yoga for 7 months now so im getting the hang of things.  It was a hatha class with mostly first timers. Which is fine so teacher was good explained everything. The class went well untill the end when teacher said we ran out of time for savasna.<_< That got me kind of irritated. Savasana is the reason why i come for yoga lol!!! Did that ever happen to anymone? What you think

You are free to spend a few minutes on your own while he others pack up and leave, no? I've seen that many times. 

Sometimes the teacher gets excited to share more sequences so we run over class time. If we're lucky and there is no class after, she just asks if we can stay late and allows others that have to leave go out quietly.  Other times the teacher will announce that we have an abbreviated savasana, and lay there for just a minute.  I actually haven't had one where we've skipped completely though. I can understand your irritation since the teacher should be managing the time. Hopefully this is just a one-time thing. If it becomes frequent, then it might be worthwhile to mention your disappointment to the teacher so she makes more of an effort to fit in a proper savasana.

Larry had a good suggestion - you should be free to do it yourself while others leave, but that's not feasible if there's a class right after (seems like the case, otherwise the teacher could have run over).