MaryKay

Bolsters

13 posts in this topic

I also interested in this! I have been wanting to purchase a bolster or two of different sizes but they can be so expensive! I found some on amazon that may get but I hate to spend the $$$ on something I'm not sure about.

Reggi likes this

I have one and actually use it a lot more than I thought I would! I use it during yin practices mostly but will also use it for chest openers or during savasana in some more of my vinyasa practices. I also use it for meditation.

I bought the YogaDirect Supportive Rectangular Cotton Yoga Bolster by YogaAccessories on Amazon. It is well priced and firm and supportive.

MrBalloonHands likes this

I have one and actually use it a lot more than I thought I would! I use it during yin practices mostly but will also use it for chest openers or during savasana in some more of my vinyasa practices. I also use it for meditation.

I bought the YogaDirect Supportive Rectangular Cotton Yoga Bolster by YogaAccessories on Amazon. It is well priced and firm and supportive.

I think the one I was looking at on Amazon was from YogaAccessories also.

jaime likes this

Great topic! I have a standard bolster from Hugger Mugger (I shared a few ways to use a bolster here) and I absolutely love it. I can attest to its durability, firmness (extremely important with a bolster) and quality. I think bolsters are vital for a great yin and restorative practice. 

I'm afraid of ordering one and finding it too soft. I want a nice firm bolster. I've been reading reviews on the ones I've found on Amazon. I'll check out Hugger Mugger also. I'm really wanting one for yin and restorative yoga.

YogaByCandace likes this

After looking up the hugger mugger one that Candace had mentioned, I found a Manduka retangular aircore bolster which is available in the UK and it seems to be of equal quality to the hugger mugger one.

yogagrammy likes this

After looking up the hugger mugger one that Candace had mentioned, I found a Manduka retangular aircore bolster which is available in the UK and it seems to be of equal quality to the hugger mugger one.

Yes, Manduka should be excellent quality. Give us a review if you order it!

My in-laws gave me a yoga bolster for my birthday, and I am in love! I have used it sooo much for yin & restorative & chest opening in general. It was a gift, but I'm pretty sure it is the Yoga Accessories one and it is SUPER nice!!

YogaByCandace likes this

I've been using my bolster quite a bit! Thanks again for the great bolster in the prize package Candace! I like it so much that I ordered another one and a thinner one from the same company on Amazon. Now I can really get in the zone and tune out in my Yin and Restorative practice!

thaijackjordan, Mana and Yogabliss like this

I was debating on whether or not to get a bolster. I used a pillow when I did Candace restorative yoga flow. It was relaxing but I wonder if it would be better with a bolster. I want to make sure I would definitely use it and I wasn't sure what kind to get. I will look into the hugger mugger.

I too have decided to join the bolster club :) 

I've been looking around for the past couple of days and the hugger mugger ones are crazy expensive in Australia so I'm set on a pink Manduka one. I use the Manduka ones at the studio I go to every week and they seem really good so I'm pretty excited to order one of my very own!