Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadisonYBC

Community Discussion Series: What's Your Number One Stress Squasher?

2 posts in this topic

Hi! Madison here, bring you our next community discussion. It is now September, which means that school is back in session, work schedules are getting busier, and the to-do's are piling up as we head into the holiday season. As things pick up this fall, we want to hear about how you remain mindful, even when things get busy. What are your go-to stress squashers when you don’t have much time? Remember, your contributions to this discussion have the opportunity to be posted on the YogaByCandace blog. So, have at it! Give us your best tips on how to squash stress!

As my understanding of yoga has increased that knowledge has transferred onto the squash court in terms of strength, balance and position. It’s also helped me understand that the pace I need on court doesn’t just come from doing speed work, it can come from the strength and balance work I’m doing alongside it. Learning a lot about yoga postures/poses, what muscle groups you need for that, has transferred onto the court and helped me get into that deep lunge position that we use so much in squash.