Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brikersten

Bone broth

3 posts in this topic

Making my first batch of bone broth in the next couple of days; tips, tricks, words of wisdom?

I'm making it in preparation of a stretch of long, long days that will be taxing in almost every way a thing could be taxing. I've been pretty well practiced at "just getting through" this kind of scheduling nightmare but I hate feeling like I need a week long sleep at the end. Any advice for staying healthy and rested during the craziest of times is more than welcome.

Thanks friends!

~
Bri

YogaByCandace likes this

LOVE bone broth and know you will, too, since it's like Thanksgiving in a cup. NOM NOM NOM. Ok - tips! I like to cook it in a crockpot because it requires pretty much zero effort. I buy a rotisserie chicken from whole foods, strip the meat off and set aside to eat at another time. Then, I put the carcass in the crockpot with water covering it. Add bay leaves, a dash of ACV, some fresh parsely or thyme, a sweet onion, fresh garlic, roughly chopped carrots and celery. Then, cover and leave overnight on low. In the morning, strain, drink, and bottle up the rest. Lasts for 2 weeks or so in the fridge. You can either sip or use the broth for cooking (I simmer veggies in it, cook rice/quinoa/etc with it, etc).

I can recommend taking a 20 minute nap once a day through out your busy week. It may not even feel like you slept, and you don't have to fall asleep' laying down and closing your eyes still has a great effect.