YogaByCandace

20 Day Yoga Program

10 posts in this topic

I've decided on tree pose. Whenever it comes up in a video I "cheat" my way through it and never come back to work on it. Would anyone be interested in being my accountability partner? 

YogaByCandace likes this

Day two complete! 

6 hours ago, slp2017 said:

Would anyone be interested in being my accountability partner? 

I'd love to help. I've never done the accountability thing so I don't know what works best but I will be doing my best to post here daily after I've done the scheduled practice.  ?

Cheers!

YogaByCandace likes this

38 minutes ago, mrsjoe24 said:

Day two complete! 

I'd love to help. I've never done the accountability thing so I don't know what works best but I will be doing my best to post here daily after I've done the scheduled practice.  ?

Cheers!

Great! I will also try to post daily. 

I took a picture to evaluate my tree pose and I found some things that I want to work on. First, I want to make sure I'm pressing evenly on my foot. Right now I'm digging into the outside to stay balanced. Second, I am currently grabbing my waist with my hands, so I would like to fix that. Third, I need to engage my core more! 

YogaByCandace likes this

Hello!! I am excited for this 20 day challenge and to meet some new people! This is my first yoga challenge and I am somewhat new to yoga. I am choosing Baby Grasshopper pose! 

23 hours ago, slp2017 said:

I've decided on tree pose. Whenever it comes up in a video I "cheat" my way through it and never come back to work on it. Would anyone be interested in being my accountability partner? 

@slp2017 I would love to be your partner if you haven't found one!

I am new the forum as well so bare with me. Posting photos I am also unsure how to do! LOL

YogaByCandace likes this

On 10/5/2016 at 5:00 PM, yasmine said:

Hi everyone!!This is my first challenge :) .I've been doing yoga for some time but slacked off, and i've been meaning to get back. So this is my chance! I'm gonna try the crow pose.

I'm not doing the challenge (not really sure what these challenges are...LOL), but have been practicing crow daily for the last few months.

A few tips...from an advanced newbie.

• my knees slip off my triceps when I wear long pants, so I've started rolling up the bottoms so my the skin of my knees touch the skin on the back of my arms (less slippery!)
  • I use a few blocks to balance/stabilize my forehead. For now, I'm more interested in keeping my legs airborne than I am about getting the balance. Once I'm capable of holding them up for ten seconds on a regular basis, then I'll focus on balancing and working without the blocks
  • doing a lot chaturangas will help build the shoulder strength needed for crow

Good luck

YogaByCandace likes this