Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kjerstena

Long Distance

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I love all of the topics, posts, and replies to everything; it's all so helpful!

I have a topic I need advice, words of encouragement, or anything really on.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four years now and have been long distance basically the whole time. He is two years older and went to a college five hours away from mine, moved home after his graduation, and I still had two years left (we're from the same home town, which is awesome). He went to school for Air Traffic Control and now, two and a half years later, got sent to go to training in Oklahoma City until January while I'm still in Minnesota...even though we have been long distance, this time is so much more difficult and I can't put my finger on why it is or what to do with myself.

I have recently decided to cook - A LOT - which has helped and I started two new jobs so I'm remaining busy, it's just I miss him so much.

Any advice or anyone who can relate??

Hi everyone! I love all of the topics, posts, and replies to everything; it's all so helpful!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four years now and have been long distance basically the whole time. He is two years older and went to a college five hours away from mine, moved home after his graduation, and I still had two years left (we're from the same home town, which is awesome). He went to school for Air Traffic Control and now, two and a half years later, got sent to go to training in Oklahoma City until January while I'm still in Minnesota...even though we have been long distance, this time is so much more difficult and I can't put my finger on why it is or what to do with myself.

I have recently decided to cook - A LOT - which has helped and I started two new jobs so I'm remaining busy, it's just I miss him so much.

Hey, I can't relate but have been friends with people in long distance relationships, including when they weren't even in the same country!

What worked for my friends was making time available at mealtimes, whether they were cooking the same recipe and eating separately, or cooking the same meal and sharing it over Skype, or even just sitting whilst one had breakfast and the other had dinner. Time for meals is always time set aside when nothing else has to be done except consume, so whether it's five minutes for a sandwich or an hour for a three course meal, maybe you could both carve that time out aside and eat together?

It's getting harder because you're bond is stronger. Stay strong and keep cooking! :)

YogaByCandace and laceyd like this

I, myself, have never been in a long distance relationship. But I do have very close friends who are and they Skype constantly, making sure to include each other in their daily activates! I agree with notlulamae that your bond is stronger now and thats why this time is so much more difficult. Stay connected and stay true to each other. :13: love knows no bounds