YogaByCandace

Where Are You Reading This From?

355 posts in this topic

Namaste, yogis. I'm from Highland Park, IL - about a half hour north of Chicago on Lake Michigan. I'm an economist by profession, and have been reading yogic philosophy and/or practicing yoga since 1998. I'll receive my RYT-200 certification in April and plan to offer yoga to middle schoolers as my karma yoga. I just discovered Yoga by Candace a few days ago, and she's by far my favorite online yogi! In fact, I just don't do yoga videos but find myself wanting to do hers. This website is a phenomenol resource - thanks for sharing your yoga with the world, Candace! Om shanti.

~Kristi

What a cutie dog in your signature!! xoxo

KristiSmithYoga likes this

Hi, I'm brand new to yoga and looking for a way to make it into a routine since me a running just will not get along. I'm a college student in Fort Collins, Colorado. I found this site through the 31 day strength challenge that has been floating around pinterest and really want to try it. I've never been to an actual yoga class and doing this solo. It's a little intimidating to try and get the poses right on my own, but with 2 jobs and a full course load at school, it's hard to fit much else in!

yogagrammy and YogaByCandace like this

Hi there! I'm putting the finishing touches on the forum and going to go through and start some posts and hopefully get a little convo going. 

I love knowing where people are checking in from, so I'll start it up - I'm Candace and I'm reading this from the Czech Republic.  :)

I'm new here and tomorrow I'll start the April challenge! It's a little late and I'll try to catch all the others.

I found you (Candace) and this community some days ago; I must express my sincere admiration for all. I'll be posting and returning all the love I feel here :)

I'm from writing from México City!!!

YogaByCandace, Vicky and Mamadances like this

Hi Candace,

my name is Cady and I'm writing this from Berlin, Germany.

I just had a bad week full of back pain and searched for someone who could help me get better. 

And when I stumbled over your webside I know that I wanted to be a part of the community.

Hope you all have great day.

Cady

YogaByCandace likes this

Hi Candace,

my name is Cady and I'm writing this from Berlin, Germany.

I just had a bad week full of back pain and searched for someone who could help me get better. 

And when I stumbled over your webside I know that I wanted to be a part of the community.

Hope you all have great day.

Cady

Hi Cady!! Sending you lots of healing vibes - I know back pain is no joke!  :13:

Hello, Shani here, new to YBC and totally hooked! Like my name I am a Mamá of 2 who dances ;) been a dancer my whole life and also have practiced yoga since around 4 years old.. Since having children been delving deeper into my practice and moved to Mexico where my husband and I are opening(next month finally) a studio of dance and exercise featuring yoga ! Enrolled in this forum primarily to talk to other yoga teachers and Candace about classes, terrified actually about making the leap .. But considering I have been a group choreographer for 20'years and teach dance it should be easy right, ;) HA! So reading this by the by from Tlaxcala , Mexico !

I'm new here and tomorrow I'll start the April challenge! It's a little late and I'll try to catch all the others.

I found you (Candace) and this community some days ago; I must express my sincere admiration for all. I'll be posting and returning all the love I feel here :)

Wow ! Marcia ! Estoy muy cierca a ti, jiii, menos de dos horas! The world truly is a small place .. I just found YBC last week also!
marcia likes this

Hi! 

I am writing from New Brunswick, Canada. I have been practicing yoga on and off for about 5 years. I travelled to Nepal a few years ago and was fortunate enough to be able to stay in a monastery (without electricity and a day long walk up a mountain!) and I think I've been in love with yoga and meditation ever since. I would say I am intermediate or so; I'm loving the monthly challenges and working towards advanced poses. Namaste  :)

yogagrammy and YogaByCandace like this

Hi!

I am writing from New Brunswick, Canada. I have been practicing yoga on and off for about 5 years. I travelled to Nepal a few years ago and was fortunate enough to be able to stay in a monastery (without electricity and a day long walk up a mountain!) and I think I've been in love with yoga and meditation ever since. I would say I am intermediate or so; I'm loving the monthly challenges and working towards advanced poses. Namaste :)

I took a road trip to Fredericton once. I <3 NB

YogaByCandace likes this

I am from Dallas, Georgia.  Been doing Yoga regularly by reading tons of books, taking some classes and watching videos.  I love to meditate and do yoga moves to help with my lower back stiffness and legs.  Just love the whole thing about Yoga and meditation.  :)

HI, well I'm a lot far from you.

I'm reading this from Lebanon,Beirut.  :)  :Up-Dog:

I am half Lebanese! 

I am from Dallas, Georgia.  Been doing Yoga regularly by reading tons of books, taking some classes and watching videos.  I love to meditate and do yoga moves to help with my lower back stiffness and legs.  Just love the whole thing about Yoga and meditation.  :)

Welcome! Dallas you say? I may be making my way out there soon :)

justforyoga likes this

Hi all, I'm Ula. I'm from Australia but currently living in London. I've been practising yoga for about 4 years in a really on/off fashion but I'm finally making efforts to make it much more regular. Hopefully I'll be a lot stronger, more flexible and just more grounded by the end of the year.  :)

I'm Beth and I'm reading this from the Highlands of Scotland! I am very new to yoga and I'm so excited to learn more about it, just started classes in my village so should be fun!

Hi everybody!

I'm Jessica Van Houten from Belgium. I've taken an interest in yoga because it's a great workout for both busy people with packed schedules, but also for people who have more time. I found this forum because I was looking for like-minded people and I'm sure I'll be able to find lots of tips and advice on general yoga things!

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to all our newbies! So glad you found us! I'm traveling through Greece/Italy/Morocco so will be popping in when internet connections allow. Until we can chat more frequently, take a poke around and reach out to other members - they're so knowledgeable and helpful.  :wub:

AnaTeresa likes this