YogaByCandace

Where Are You Reading This From?

355 posts in this topic

Hi Candace, I'm Carmel and I'm reading from Seattle! Decided to join because I like the idea of your 39 Day Yoga Progress Project, and I do have difficulty with committing time for myself. Looking forward to improving my forward fold :), cheers!

MrBalloonHands, Mana and yogagrammy like this

Hi Everyone!

I'm running a little behind on my introduction and exploring the forum.. it's been on my to-do list since the forum came out but I'm a full time student so life is busy busy busy.  Thankfully, I find time to relax and ground myself with yoga.  I did my first 30 min yoga sequence on my own yesterday and it was wonderful!  Normally, after 20 minutes I get stumped on where to do next but my practice flowed smoothly yesterday and it was much needed.  Anyways, I'm very excited about the forum!  I am reading this in my pj's from Ann Arbor, Michigan with a cup of tea and I could not be more thankful for the bit of time for myself.  Oh and my name is Lindsay :) 

Turi, Mana, MrBalloonHands and 1 other like this

Hi Everyone!

I'm running a little behind on my introduction and exploring the forum.. it's been on my to-do list since the forum came out but I'm a full time student so life is busy busy busy.  Thankfully, I find time to relax and ground myself with yoga.  I did my first 30 min yoga sequence on my own yesterday and it was wonderful!  Normally, after 20 minutes I get stumped on where to do next but my practice flowed smoothly yesterday and it was much needed.  Anyways, I'm very excited about the forum!  I am reading this in my pj's from Ann Arbor, Michigan with a cup of tea and I could not be more thankful for the bit of time for myself.  Oh and my name is Lindsay :)

Lindsay (Linnernin),

Welcome to the forum.   :47:  I had the privilege of living in Ann Arbor for two years. I went to Pioneer High School. It is a great college town and I hope you are enjoying your time there. I hope to go back and visit my host family who I lived with for those two years. Great people!   :27:

YogaByCandace likes this

Hello I'm Michelle from the UK.. I've been practising yoga for many years but not with any conscious thought behind the practice of yoga.

I have a young family and work full time so can only manage one full class per week, which wasn't giving me the results I wanted so I finally decided this year to commit to daily home practice,

My main goal for daily practice was to gain strength and flexibility in the body but as my daily practice has developed I find myself exploring the spiritual and wider practice of yoga.

I discovered this forum through Candace YouTube channel and I know that this is a place to obtain and give lots of support. I've already started on the 39 days of progress journey.. Whoopi..

Hi Candace,

I'm based in Melbourne, Australia – only 18 days till summer ... wahoo!

Cheers,

Leona

I'm in Adelaide and we've had two days in the high 30s C (I imagine you probably have, too). It's safe to say after these two days Summer can stay right away from me  :lol:

Hi everyone I'm Margaret! I'm from the coast of North Carolina in a small town called Whiteville. I'm very new to yoga and need to become more flexible! I've only been watching the videos for a few weeks, but I can already notice a change in my body! I stumbled upon Candace's morning yoga post on Pinterest and I started out waking up earlier every morning to do those wake up yoga routines (this was a big deal because I enjoy sleep very much). 

I'm super excited to see where I will be in a few months and hope that all this stretching will benefit my upcoming Senior soccer season in high school! My days are so much better with yoga -- I start off alert and awake and at peace! Thanks for making your videos that benefit such a diverse group of yoga-ers!

Hi All, my name is Jen and I'm reading this from a little village in the Peak District UK, near to Manchester.

Beautiful Autumn leaves and blue skies this morning :0)

Xx

Yay! Someone close to Sheffield!

MrBalloonHands and Yogalove like this

Hello everyone!  I am MJ, and I live in central Ohio.  I have been doing yoga on and off for about five or six years; I get into it for a couple weeks and then slack off for six months before starting it up again.  I found Candace on Pinterest and then followed to Youtube; I thought a forum would help to keep me going longer than two weeks!

Turi, YogaByCandace, Mana and 1 other like this

Hi, I'm a guy from the UK.

About 15 years ago I was really into yoga, and practising 3 hours a day for a few years.  Travelled the whole of India and really wanted to be a yoga teacher.  Unfortunately, I suffer from major depression and it has a nasty habit of biting me on the unmentionables, and I just fold up and lose interest in everything :(

Just recently got back into yoga and focusing most of my yoga routine with an emphasis towards attaining the splits.  It's something that has always been on my list of to-dos.

Despite being out of the yoga loops for so long, there has been a nice upside.  Just before I gave up my yoga practice all those years ago, I read that chairs ought to carry a government health warning and ruin health.  So I've basically been sitting on the floor when at home ever since.  So things like virasana, padmasana, and gomukhasana aren't so much yoga positions to me, but something I just slip in and out of without even thinking about lol.

Anyway, I'm so pleased that I'm back into yoga.  It's an amazing thing.  :))

Hi everyone !

i discovered YBC a couple days ago and really enjoy the blog, so i came to check the forum as well

i am typing from Mirabel, Quebec, Canada

mother of a 4yr old boy, expecting my second boy by febuary 2nd

practicing yoga through dvds on and off since 10 years ? and now doing a weekly yoga class with a teacher i really love since 2-3 years ago. i condsider myself beginner/intermediate. I am just now starting to look into the other limbs of yoga sutra to implement yoga a little bit more in my daily life. I find it helps me to stay connected, present, and makes my mood much more stable. I am looking into practicing meditation more regularaly as well.

at the moment i am following prenatal yoga dvd's and my experience to keep my spine and legs mobile during pregnancy and i am looking forward to being able to do regular yoga again after a coupe weeks postnatal and really wanting to get into headstand, handstand and back bends in the near future.

nice to meet all of you !

YogaByCandace, Turi and Mana like this

I'm in Adelaide and we've had two days in the high 30s C (I imagine you probably have, too). It's safe to say after these two days Summer can stay right away from me  :lol:

Oh amazing! The minute we get a day over 30C it's followed by a 19C day or something like that. Ah, Melbourne. It's an ongoing relationship!

Jasmine likes this

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in from Las Vegas, NV.  Candace has helped get me started on my yoga journey and I'll be starting my 200 hr course in a couple months.  Looking forward to being a part of the community here!

Mana, Scott, MrBalloonHands and 2 others like this