YogaByCandace

Where Are You Reading This From?

355 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I am Gigi and I'm checking in from Mississippi. I have been trying to get into a regular yoga practice routine for a long time and it wasn't until I found your videos online that my journey truly began. Thanks ever so much!!!!

Hi Candace!

I'm from the US, Florida, to be exact. I'm so glad I found your videos on youtube while I was trying to get back into yoga. I have PTSD and yoga helps me to control my anxiety, really can't remember why I stopped but it's time to get back into it and get things back under control.

Hi! So glad you found us here! Maybe join in on the 31 day strength project (it starts today, woop!) - that might help keep you on track?  :)

Hello, everyone. I'm checking in from Santiago, Chile.

I've learned so much from this website, it was about time I started participating in the forums :)

Hola! Welcome! So glad you decided to participate in the forums :54:

Hi everyone, I am Gigi and I'm checking in from Mississippi. I have been trying to get into a regular yoga practice routine for a long time and it wasn't until I found your videos online that my journey truly began. Thanks ever so much!!!!

Hi Gigi! Welcome! I'm so glad you found the videos and that they're helpful. Feel free to ask any questions here - everyone is super kind and supportive and I check in often as well :0:

Hey everyone, I'm Jan, I'm from Finland. Started practicing a few months ago.

Stumbled upon your blog while reading /r/yoga for some ideas how to improve my practice.

Hi Jan! Welcome to the yoga forum! Feel free to ask questions and poke around here - we are happy to help! :47:

Hildegard likes this

My name is Keeli Hinesley and I hail from the great state of Georgia! I have dipped my toes in the water, but I am excited to dive deep into the practice of yoga in 2015. There are great things in store for this year to come, and I want to take advantage of all that it offers me. :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm Liz, I recently moved to Tucson, AZ from New York. I've been a fan of YBC's videos on Youtube for a while now and decided to take a look around the Blog. So far I really like what I see/read. I think Candace's videos are great and I really enjoy them. Thank you for sharing them :)

Hello from the Golf Island in BC:

Thanks Candace for putting this together.   I found your video online when I was searching for a quick morning routine to get me started.   Your video was a perfect start and inspired me to get deeper into my practice.   This was just before the holidays, and I took some time off over them, but I'm back at it and enjoying my hour for myself every morning.

Your videos are great, they have a nice balance of beginner, and advanced technical information.   There are many ideas for flow, and I'm slowly building my practice with inspirations from your videos.   I think you are on to something good, keep it up.  Now that I found your forum, I'm looking forward to learning more.

As the title indicates I live on Gabriola Island in the Gulf Islands off of Vancouver Island.  I used to have a lovely yogi teacher of the Guru Sivanada, she was so lovely and knowledgable I was sorry to move away from her.   Since then I've been searching for the inspiring light.  The right fit is quite hard to find.

My routine in the morning starts with YBC quick morning routine (ish) and I then go through a series of postures to work my core areas that I want to focus on (tummy, core), a series of sun salutations that I borrow elements of YBC videos, then triangle poses, and standing balance postures.   Somewhere in there I'll try one of the challanging postures (Chair pose with one leg crossed over) for about 1/2 of a second.   Finish this with 15 minutes of silent sitting after.   I'd like to call it medititation, but right now its more like silent sitting.

BTW, I'm a 3rd year strict Plant Based diet follower, and if anything has helped me get to this point where I can do a morning routine regularily it has been that.  I follow the suggestions of John McDougalls starch based diet.   It has helped maintain my weight, restore health (high blood pressure, now normal without statin drugs)

As a male turning 42, I admire 95 year old people that are still vibrant and active.   I want that for myself and my family, this may be a selfish endevour, but I love life and all that it offers.   My vehicle in this life is most important to me, and if I fill it with good energy, and explore all that it offers then I believe I will be able to represent that ideal.   Not only that, it means my life is not even half over yet and there is so much to live for.  

Thanks Candace, and your support network.  I appreciate you making this available.

Billy

Hello everyone!

Don't know why it took me so long to join in the forum - I prefer this kind of interaction actually as it's not as past faced as Facebook or Twitter. Old people stuff, my kids would say.

I think the YBC Forum map would look very interesting - people from all over the globe getting together! Amazing!

Reading this in a very cool, foggy Dubai - yes we do get winters here too for all of two seconds every year so don't scare it away please!

Hi! I'm Katie posting from Ohio and it is FREEZING! just want to say I have learned so much here!! it has kept me motivated to stay on track and keep trying even when I fall (which is a lot trust me) :P or if I feel like "I'll never be able to do that" it is hearing from others who have been there too that keeps me going!

Hi Candace!!! I am a new user, but I've already been a part of the "Ask a yoga question" family on your blog  :) !

So happy to be here, and, as a beginning yoga teacher, I'm proud to be a part of the new Teacher Community here on YBC!! 

Thank you so much for this space and...I'm reading from sunny Rome, Italy.  :P

Hello, checking in from NJ. I graduated from my 200hr YTT this summer and have been teaching for almost 4 months. Trying to get into more studios and grow my business, but loving every minute! Also a full-time mama to a 4 year old boy and 10 month old baby girl. Thanks for creating this forum, Candace!

Hi Candace!

My name is Tish. Joining you from Indianapolis, In

Any chance you will be hosting any workshops in the midwest area for 2015?

Hi Tish! Welcome! No plans right now, but if you have studio connections, just let me know and I'd be happy to explore options  :)

Hi!  I'm Lee-Ann, I just discovered your forum and I think its such a great idea.  I am writing from Ontario, Canada.

Hi Lee-Ann! Welcome to the forum! 

Hello everyone! My name is Carrie and I'm looking to improve my Yoga practice this year. Last week I was finally able to do Crow Pose! :-) I only held it for 5 seconds, but I will keep practicing and eventually I will be able to do Side Crow Pose. I live in Pennsylvania. 

nfenchak likes this

Hello Everyone! 

I am reading this from a very icy Northeastern Ohio! 

I have been practicing yoga on and off for about 15 years. I have had a dedicated practice for the last 2 1/2 years. I stumbled across this site and the awesome videos one day when I felt stalled in my home practice and I've been hooked ever since! I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids, ages 12, 9, and 3. Being able to squeeze in a 15 or 20 minute video on a busy day has been a lifesaver for me. It has also helped keep me sane as we juggle sports, school and other activities for all 3 kids. I love knowing there is always time for a quick class with Candace! My 3 year old daughter loves following along too, she is a little yogi in the making! 

I enjoy following the Yoga by Candace Instagram, FB, and Twitter pages so I thought it was time I joined the forum and met some new yogi friends! 

Namaste!