cinnamon

Seeking full page "do this, not that" & "common mistakes

6 posts in this topic

I saved all of the info images showing the correct and incorrect ways for basic positions.  Does anyone know how to make them full sized so I can bring them to class? I am teaching a class for adults teachers and they all have knee/back issues and some are up to 70 pounds overweight. They are having a hard time. I need ALL of the cueing these info images present! Are they in her new book? Thanks

From the book description on Amazon:

" Candace’s approach to yoga, which combines old-world principles with a modern-day perspective comes from her own experience fighting back against a dangerous illness and depression. Her focus on perseverance and overcoming adversity transforms Namaslay into a powerful, motivational guide to help you live your most authentic life.

With a distinct visual format, Namaslay guides readers step by step through more than 100 yoga poses. The poses are broken down by experience level into a series of progressions and include modifications for those who can't quite achieve the full expression of a pose just yet. Full-color photos and tips on overcoming common mistakes helps people get the most out of every pose.

Namaslay also features three 30-day yoga programs that focus on: de-stress, core strengthening, and back pain. You will also find specific yoga sequences that are customized for everyone from the office dweller to the endurance athlete.

Written with heart, humor, and swagger, Namaslay is a book for everyone, from beginners to advanced practitioners and even the simply curious.

Namaslay’s high-quality, edgy yet beautiful photographs add an artful flair that puts it in a class of its own—as appropriate for a coffee table as a yoga studio!"

amazon link

Dang, Candace, I can barely hold the leg using a strap...that pose you show  is going to take me quite a while to master! :)

Maybe you can get me to do it at your next workshop 

YogaByCandace likes this

3 minutes ago, LarryD517 said:

Dang, Candace, I can barely hold the leg using a strap...that pose you show  is going to take me quite a while to master! :)

Maybe you can get me to do it at your next workshop 

it's just hamstring and hip flexibility - work on it a little a few times every week and you will definitely see improvement!