Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamEuphoria93

questions about dristi points

2 posts in this topic

i started practicing my asanas with the dristi points, and OMG, the concentration skyrocketed almost immediately. this is exactly what i needed for my practice. this is what has been missing.

i have some questions regarding the dristis. 

- how do you maintain a dristi while you're transitioning from pose to pose?
- when you're transitioning from down dog to three legged dog, do you keep your gaze on the navel?
- when you're transitioning from 3 legged dog to low lunge, where do you focus your gaze during that process?
- when you're transitioning from low lunge to low lunge with arms up, where do you focus your gaze?
- when you're transitioning from low lunge with arms up to low lunge in prayer position, where do you focus your gaze? would it be right in front of you, or would you be gazing towards your eyebrows
-when you're transitioning from low lunge in prayer position to low lunge twist, where do you keep your gaze? would you be looking up towards your eyebrows? or looking up at the ceiling?
- when you're transitioning from low lunge twist to plank, where would your dristi be?
- when you're transitioning from plank to chaturaunga, where would your gaze be? between your hands?
- when you're transitioning from chaturanga to cobra, where would your gaze be?
- when you're transitioning from cobra to down dog, where would your gaze be?

I'm not a teacher, but here's my suggestion

Focus on setting up for the pose. When you're comfortable that the pose is the way you want it, then worry about the gaze.

It takes me five seconds, or more, to get into warrior two. Only when I've reviewed my alignment and body position do I gaze over my fingers. During the transaction, I'm looking at my back arm, my hips, my front knee, etc..

don't worry about the transitions