SamEuphoria93

looking for a technique for becoming a master yogi

3 posts in this topic

i recently watched a video on youtube called "a 3 step formula for becoming ruthlessly effective at anything" 
it was broken down into 3 parts: 1. pick your domain (i picked "becoming a master yogi") 2. find a technique that yields large amounts of tangible results 3. practice this every single day, with 100 percent commitment 

i don't have access to teacher training programs and I can't do sitting/concentration meditation because I have very negative reactions to it. however, i have a very experienced yoga teacher.
what do you guys think? do you guys have any specific techniques i can use for this?

Sitting/concentration meditation is crucial man.  It is completely natural to have negative reactions to it.  Therefore, the key is to train and require the mind to have positive reactions to it.  Padmasana is considered by to be the supreme sitting position.  As for practicing yoga everyday, if that's what you really want to do I don't want to get in the way.  But, many yogis traditionally practiced asana 6 times a week ideally and typically rested during full/new moons in addition.  The fifth Yama is aparigraha and I'll end my two cents.  But it's all up to you to make your own decisions and experience your soul path. 

I'm not really sure what your impression of "master yogi" is. I imagine it's being at complete peace with yourself and your practice and trusting the process? At least, that's how I would describe a "master yogi." I am not a master yogi so I don't have exact advice for how to get there. However, I think practicing consistently and learning the ins and outs of your body is a good place to begin. Knowing when to accept that you're not getting in a certain pose yet or when you need a gentler practice. 

I would also read up on the eight limbs of yoga, as the practice is definitely more than just the asanas.