YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

Here we go, friends! All the details HERE. Who's in?! 

Feel free to share the promo picture on instagram now with #YBCprogress to let your followers know about it so they can join in!

Links for Suggested Schedule

Nov 1: Snap a pic and post your photo on instagram with #YBCprogress. Then, begin with any video you like, of any length you like. Also hop on over to the  to share what pose you’ll be focusing on and find out what others have chosen.

Nov 2:  30 Min afternoon power yoga & 5 yoga poses for upper back pain (do this twice, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 3: 30 minute restorative yoga video & supine heart opener (use a couch cushion if you don’t have a bolster. Hold for 5 minutes, focusing on your exhales) 

Nov 4: Rest day!

Nov 5: 15 min chest video & neck and shoulders poses (do this twice, breathing 5-7 full deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 6: 20 min yin yoga video (use a couch cushion if you don’t have a bolster). Check in on social media, if you like with #YBCprogress and head over the to  to get some support from fellow participants!

Nov 7: 15 min yoga video for men (this focuses on tight chests)

Nov 8: Rest day!

Nov 9: 20 min total body video for beginner vinyasa & energizing yoga sequence (do this twice, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 10: 15 min strength and flexibility vid & 3 poses for chest (do these 3 times each, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 11: 20 min blindfolded yoga vid & 5 poses to get strong now (do this 3 times, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 12: Rest day!

Nov 13: 30 min power yoga for core and hamstrings & morning yoga for legs (do this 2 times, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 14: Rest day!

Nov 15: 15 min yoga for a good sweat & 30 min sciatica vid

Nov 16: 30 min athletic morning yoga for legs and check in with #YBCprogress!

Nov 17: 7 poses to lengthen and strengthen (do this two times through, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose) & 15 min gentle yoga with abs vid

Nov 18: Rest day!

Nov 19: HALFWAY THERE! Progress report day! Snap the a pic of the same pose you did on Nov 1 and feel free to share on social media with #YBCprogress. Then, log on to the  to ask questions, chat with others, and get motivated to complete the rest! 30 min power vinyasa flow vid & good morning sequence

Nov 20: Rest day!

Nov 2115 min afternoon power vid & 10 min slow and sweaty vid

Nov 22: Rest day!

Nov 23: 30 min invigorating yoga vid

Nov 24: 30 min feel good heart opening yoga vid

Nov 25: 30 min power yoga flow & 6 poses for hips (do this twice, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Nov 26: 60 min vinyasa vid & and check in on the  and social media with #YBCprogress

Nov 27: Rest day! 

Nov 28: Rest day!

Nov 29: Detox yoga vid (coming soon)

Nov 30: 30 min power yoga for core and hamstrings & seated sequence (do this two times through, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose) 

Dec 1: 20 min yoga with a blog vid & 10 min office yoga vid & check in on the and social media with #YBCprogress

Dec 2: Rest day!

Dec 3: 25 min yoga for travel vid & 30 min yoga for balance vid

Dec 4: Rest day!

Dec 5: 15 min yoga for tight hips vid & 15 min yoga for low back and legs vid

Dec 6: 30 minute restorative yoga video & supine heart opener (use a couch cushion if you don’t have a bolster. Hold for 5 minutes, focusing on your exhales) 

Dec 7: 60 min vinyasa vid & and check in with #YBCprogress

Dec 8: 30 min sciatica vid & improved posture sequence (do this three times through, breathing 5-7 full, deep breaths in each pose)

Dec 9: LAST DAY! 20 min yoga for back flexibility. Yeah! You did it! Check in with #YBCprogress and hop on over the  to share your photos!

notlulamae, Reggi, jbatista and 8 others like this

I'll give pidgeon pose and forward fold a try, I loathe them both and they usually really piss me off after just a few seconds :(.

YES! This is especially for you! Can't wait to see how it goes for ya!  :D  #wooosahhhh

Just posted on your blog post, but I'm going to try for wheel and I'll definitely need the encouragement from this forum! :D

Boom. Done. We're here for ya!  :24: (where's the cheerleader emoji?)

I am so in! Great challenge! I am not a instagram fan, so will not share my pics there, but still will be in. My poses are forward fold and down dog- i can go in wheel an pigeon easily, but bring my heels to the mat in down dog? No way...funny, no? Its all about the hamstrings i guess!

yogagrammy, Jake, Laura and 2 others like this

Am definitely in, will try super hard to stick to this challenge, although I'm sure my oh-so-regular 12-hour oncall shifts will get in the way!  I think my pose will be half bound lotus west extension, not a nemesis but I'm sure I could do better!