YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

I think I'll give King Pigeon Pose a good effort. I love pigeon but I can't seem to get my hands and arms to do what they need to for the full king pigeon. I need to work on more flexibility in my shoulders I think. This will be so much fun!!! :7:

oooh no now you've put wheel pose up and I really want to get that too...  do we think aiming for splits, wheel and dancers is just too much?

I'm that person that always tries to do too much... but I just can't decide!

oooh no now you've put wheel pose up and I really want to get that too...  do we think aiming for splits, wheel and dancers is just too much?

I'm that person that always tries to do too much... but I just can't decide!

You know your body best. If you're going to do multiple though and are worried about burning out, I might just focus on splits and dancer's because they are similar poses so you'll be focusing on the same parts of the body, you know?

MrBalloonHands likes this

So excited about this project and I love that instead of having a different pose every day, this challenge gives the chance to go deeper in a specific pose.  I'm going to do my least favorite Lizard Pose as well as splits!!

Ahh lizard is what I would be doing if I didn't have the craziest travel coming up - that pose is my nemesis!!  :sweatingbullets:

I have been really focusing on forearm stand (without the wall support - I currently can get up and then get off of the wall for a few breaths but I would love to just get up there!) and dancers pose with both arms reaching back for the foot.  I think that this may moticate me to continue to focus on them.

I have still to understand how will I take my pictures, but I'm so ready! :lol:

Thank you so much for this plan, it's beautiful to know we're all together in this project, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Ready!

I´ve chosen two poses: Reverse tabletop, because I´ve pretty annoyed with that one. It doesn´t look so bad in the photo (last week it looked more like boat pose! :1: ) because I´ve already been working on it for  little while, but there is still room for improvement. 

And triangle, because I would like to see a little bit of improvement in the hip area too  :D

And now that you mentioned it, Candace, I´m feeling majorly shy posting those!!  :ph34r:  :unsure:

yogagrammy and MrBalloonHands like this

I have still to understand how will I take my pictures, but I'm so ready! :lol:

Thank you so much for this plan, it's beautiful to know we're all together in this project, I can't wait for tomorrow.

If you have an iPhone you can take a video and then do a screenshot of your fullest expression of the pose. Alternatively there are self timer apps  :)

Laura and Turi like this

OK I've got my goal pose. It's king pigeon. I've been studying the youtube video by the lovely Candace. You make it look so easy, Candace! I'll do my best and stick with it. Who knows? I may be able to reach my foot some day.  <a href=http://www.freesmile

I hear ya! King Pigeon for me also. Going to be a challenge! I looked at my picture and I was surprised at how far my head was to my feet! I could have sworn I was closer than that! 

So I think the hardest thing for me is going to be getting a decent photo! It's nice to see a couple of familiar faces up there already :)

I'm going to do a post on this right now because so many people have the same question. Check the blog in a few :)

Yogabliss, Jasmine, Turi and 1 other like this