YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

Kinda realized I'm the only person who can use cameras online yet I gotta do the pose. No way I can do this unless I've got photography tools. Can't make it with photos/Vid. Darn.

BTW: My goal pose was going to be Upavistha Konasana from crossing the ankle out in front, putting the back of both feet like Butterfly pose in front of my chest. Upavistha gets a bit less balanced by the time I make it. But I can somehow make it. Shame I can't photograph my pose. :-[

Hi guys, yei it's the day, i all ready upload my pose. Candace thanks for the tips about the background in my case, my backgrounds are my pets it's gonna be a lot harder trying they stay away from my practice.

YogaByCandace and Turi like this

Hi guys, yei it's the day, i all ready upload my pose thanks Candace for the tips about the background in my case my backgrounds are my pets it's gonna be a lot harder trying to they stay away from my practice.

Hi! I'm Melissa, and I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm at stay at home mom and I've been using yogabycandace YouTube vids for my practice at home. I've selected mermaid pose. Wish me luck because I'm pretty far from reaching my goal. Pic coming soon!

Hi! I'm Melissa, and I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm at stay at home mom and I've been using yogabycandace YouTube vids for my practice at home. I've selected mermaid pose. Wish me luck because I'm pretty far from reaching my goal. Pic coming soon!

Good luck! Can't wait to see :)

Hi guys, yei it's the day, i all ready upload my pose thanks Candace for the tips about the background in my case my backgrounds are my pets it's gonna be a lot harder trying to they stay away from my practice.

Haha, no worries! It's all good.

I'm feeling a little ashamed, but I've just uploaded my photos. For this challenge I've choosen forward fold (the most unconfortable pose for me) and (future) king pidgeon. My practice today to warm up: 15 Minute Yoga for the Low Back & Legs and 15 Min Yoga for Chest and Shoulders.
I think I'll need a lot of these in next weeks  ;)
YogaByCandace and yogagrammy like this

Coming on board with  the splits! 

I hope that by the end of day 39 I will have nailed it :) Wish me luck and thank you Candace! I so so adore your page and everything. 

Ohhh this will be a good one to watch!!! I'm so excited to see how it goes for you!! Thanks for participating!

Ok, my pose is forward fold (cause I am a total beginner) and I just finished the Day#1 program  :24: 

Feel fantastic! Let's rock, girls! And boys :D  

So glad you feel great!!  :)

I just checked out all the challenge poses posted on Instagram! What an awesome group! Great pics, can't wait to see the next set of pictures later on. I got home from work yesterday morning and did a youtube video from Candace. It was a tough one! Will start tomorrow with day 2's practices. I think I'll do the 5 poses when I get home in the morning and get up a little early for the practice before I go to work in the evening. That sounds like a plan! :24:

I've only ever tried one other challenge, and that was the squat 30 day challenge a few months ago. I got bored of it by day 4!

This one is exciting because we get to do yoga as well as work on one posture :D

I love the concept of taking a photo to track your progress. I'm doing dancer's pose and I never realised how I looked whatsoever. If you look at #ybcprogress on instagram I'm wearing a black top and bluey/purple shorts :)

I have also decided after reading the blog post of the day on taking pictures I will have to take the photos outside. I just don't have enough space or good lighting inside. In my picture from today I cut off half of my arm and the picture is mostly of my back - terrible!

I've only ever tried one other challenge, and that was the squat 30 day challenge a few months ago. I got bored of it by day 4!

This one is exciting because we get to do yoga as well as work on one posture :D

I love the concept of taking a photo to track your progress. I'm doing dancer's pose and I never realised how I looked whatsoever. If you look at #ybcprogress on instagram I'm wearing a black top and bluey/purple shorts :)

I have also decided after reading the blog post of the day on taking pictures I will have to take the photos outside. I just don't have enough space or good lighting inside. In my picture from today I cut off half of my arm and the picture is mostly of my back - terrible!

You can keep posting pics throughout the challenge - doesn't have to be only on the picture day. Happy to have you on board!! I'll look for your pic!  :)

Jasmine likes this

I have been considering my game plan for this challenge. I want to do more than 15 minutes a day, but I also realise that aiming to follow the programme that is suggested will just set me up for disappointment. So this is what I will try:

I will continue to do my generel morning flexibility yoga. And then I´ve chosen three of my favourite Candace videos: The latest Strength and Flexibility (30 min), The Sciatica (30 min and targets ALL my spots!) and 15 minutes for chest and shoulders. I hope to find time for at least one of each a week, wouldn´t mind doing more, but to keep myself motivated, I have to be realistic. 

What are your plans??

I'm a newbie to this forum having recently discovering Candace via YouTube after searching for some more challenging yoga sequences.

I've been practising yoga for some years although only seriously for about the last 7 months!! My aim has been to practice a minimum of 30 minutes of yoga each day which I have achieved.. I'm also now really getting into the deeper element of yoga..

I would like to join in with the challenge.. I have chosen wheel pose.. I may have over stretched myself as I'm only just able to get into the position but hey let's give it a go.. At least taking a photo shows me where I'm going wrong..

post-191-0-03939900-1414936601_thumb.jpg

I have been considering my game plan for this challenge. I want to do more than 15 minutes a day, but I also realise that aiming to follow the programme that is suggested will just set me up for disappointment. So this is what I will try:

I will continue to do my generel morning flexibility yoga. And then I´ve chosen three of my favourite Candace videos: The latest Strength and Flexibility (30 min), The Sciatica (30 min and targets ALL my spots!) and 15 minutes for chest and shoulders. I hope to find time for at least one of each a week, wouldn´t mind doing more, but to keep myself motivated, I have to be realistic. 

What are your plans??

This sounds like a great plan for you! I love that you're being realistic and honest about what works for you and switching up your program to fit your schedule. That's all we can really do, right?! The vids you chose are great because they all work different parts so you wind up with a full body practice - nice job! I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes! 

I'm a newbie to this forum having recently discovering Candace via YouTube after searching for some more challenging yoga sequences.

I've been practising yoga for some years although only seriously for about the last 7 months!! My aim has been to practice a minimum of 30 minutes of yoga each day which I have achieved.. I'm also now really getting into the deeper element of yoga..

I would like to join in with the challenge.. I have chosen wheel pose.. I may have over stretched myself as I'm only just able to get into the position but hey let's give it a go.. At least taking a photo shows me where I'm going wrong..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey there, welcome! 30 Mins per day is a great plan, good for you, and welcome to the Yoga Progress Project! Happy to have you here. Wheel is a great pose to focus on - and this post might help you so you know what to watch for in case you don't already. I'd focus on opening up the chest and shoulder/armpit area and the hip flexors. Lookin forward to following your progress! 

Taking a picture was definitely eye opening. I used to be much more flexible but in forward fold I apparently have a nearly flat back. C'mon hips, lets work this out! ;) I'm keeping my pics in the pic gallery since I do not use Instagram.

Keep it up, girl! You can do it!! And your hips will follow suit  :)

This is so exciting. I am working on Downward Dog and Forward Fold  :D  Day 2 here we go!

Great pose choices! Let me know if I can help! 

Turi and Yogabliss like this

I got off work this a.m. and did the 5 poses, then went to bed. Got up 40 minutes early and did the power yoga video. I had to move a little slow because my lower back wasn't awake quite yet. a little savasana. Now off to the shower and then to work! Day 2 completed! :24:

I did a 75 minute hot yoga class today. I was feeling the heat! Got a little wobbly in some of my balances but happy I went. It was a good day 2. Before the class I practiced my goal pose since it's not usually part of our class routine. The heated room helped me relax and stretch a little further.