YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

Haha you guys, I am loving reading this thread when my wifi signal will hold strong enough (#costaricaproblems). So glad you are enjoying the challenge - I keep checking instagram too, to see how it's going for you! I'm already dreaming up the next one.... ahhh! 

Sending love from CR. xo

Laura and Mana like this

Haha you guys, I am loving reading this thread when my wifi signal will hold strong enough (#costaricaproblems). So glad you are enjoying the challenge - I keep checking instagram too, to see how it's going for you! I'm already dreaming up the next one.... ahhh! 

Sending love from CR. xo

I already have several postures in mind for my next challenges!! I'm really enjoying trying out your recommended videos each day and having fun with new sequences. 

Full blown head cold! Yuck! I took some meds and did a 60 minute practice this a.m. then went back to bed after lunch. When I woke up my head felt like it was going to explode! I put some oils on my chest and in my diffuser and did the 15 minute practice. I'm off all weekend so I'm trying to sleep as much as possible and get better before I have to go back to work on Tuesday. I just hope I feel well enough to keep up my practice all weekend! 

Full blown head cold! Yuck! I took some meds and did a 60 minute practice this a.m. then went back to bed after lunch. When I woke up my head felt like it was going to explode! I put some oils on my chest and in my diffuser and did the 15 minute practice. I'm off all weekend so I'm trying to sleep as much as possible and get better before I have to go back to work on Tuesday. I just hope I feel well enough to keep up my practice all weekend! 

Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better soon--that feeling of sinus pressure is just awful.

I took pictures today of mermaid pose, wheel pose, and upavistha konasana (these turned out incredibly blurry for some reason, which is unfortunate, because that is the one that needs a LOT of work, lol. I feel kinda weird posting them on IG, but here they are for the forum!

http://imgur.com/yQoaJHt,w5O637b

Oh no! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. 

Oh no! I hope you get to feeling better soon--that feeling of sinus pressure is just awful.

I took pictures today of mermaid pose, wheel pose, and upavistha konasana (these turned out incredibly blurry for some reason, which is unfortunate, because that is the one that needs a LOT of work, lol. I feel kinda weird posting them on IG, but here they are for the forum!

beautiful!!!!

if you eat meat, make a good bone broth. that always helps me!

yogagrammy likes this

Day 9 completed with Candace's 60 minute vinyasa flow video. Loved it.. Found it challenging especially the poses using back-strength it this my new favourite practice.. It just flowed beautifully (probably why it's called flow)..

Turi and YogaByCandace like this

Poses look great!

No more head cold, it traveled down to my throat and I have a slight cough. Yuck! I decided I was feeling good enough to do a long, slow practice for about 45 minutes then did the poses on today's schedule. I really feel ok, just a little tickle so I just went for it! I took another pic of my pose and I'm not sure I'm making any progress but it felt good today and not such a struggle. Happy Sunday all! :0:

Turi, YogaByCandace and mimisouth like this

No more head cold, it traveled down to my throat and I have a slight cough. Yuck! I decided I was feeling good enough to do a long, slow practice for about 45 minutes then did the poses on today's schedule. I really feel ok, just a little tickle so I just went for it! I took another pic of my pose and I'm not sure I'm making any progress but it felt good today and not such a struggle. Happy Sunday all! :0:

I posted my pic in the gallery and compared them side by side on my computer. I  HAVE made progress!!!

Jasmine, Laura and Turi like this

I posted my pic in the gallery and compared them side by side on my computer. I  HAVE made progress!!!

Great!!  :cheers:

YES! I think I have made a slight amount of progress. I was concerned I'd reached my peak with my chosen pose. So I'm happy!! 

Also, I think I'm a day ahead of you guys.. It's the 11th today in Australia, so today I did the blindfolded yoga. That was fun - there was a fair bit of fumbling I must admit  :P

YogaByCandace, Turi and yogagrammy like this

I am so excited for that one tomorrow! Haha I have seen it in the past when looking through Candace's videos to do, and I've always been too nervous! :)

I hope you love it! 

YES! I think I have made a slight amount of progress. I was concerned I'd reached my peak with my chosen pose. So I'm happy!! 

Also, I think I'm a day ahead of you guys.. It's the 11th today in Australia, so today I did the blindfolded yoga. That was fun - there was a fair bit of fumbling I must admit  :P

Ha! So glad you enjoyed!!

I loved the blind folded practice! I sometimes do most of my practice with my eyes closed except for the balancing poses! I have to peak a little then. I think I adjust to the pose better by how I'm feeling without the visual distractons. It's just a different kind of feeling. 

Finished my practice this morning (90 mins) and I can feel a difference in my wheel pose, I feel more confident and comfortable while in it, still have to catch up for all the past week when I had very limited time to practice , but I' feeling super motivated

Wow blindfold yoga is an experience.. I definitely want to try this again.. I was very unsteady on the balance pose and did have to peak a few times to see if I was doing the practice correctly but I think this is one to definitely build trust in your body and listening to Candace's voice!!

Ok, I have to share my joy here: today is a big day - I touched my feet on the last breaths of the seated forward fold   :30: Sooo excited!   :D  (I am a total beginner, and this is a huge progress for me <a href=http://www.freesmile )

You all are such a great motivation :0:

well done :D How very exciting!!

Mana likes this

I'm glad I checked in here, my question was exactly on how to find the links to some of the poses (for the challenge). I've been working through the infographic. Pays to check!

Loving this challenge, it's encouraged me to create a morning\afternoon practice. 

Cheers,

Leona

Ok, I have to share my joy here: today is a big day - I touched my feet on the last breaths of the seated forward fold   :30: 

Sooo excited!   :D  

(I am a total beginner, and this is a huge progress for me B)  )

You all are such a great motivation :0:

That is awesome! I bet it felt amazing!!

Wow was the blindfolded yoga an experience! I felt kind of tense/nervous until triangle pose, and then it was like my body finally realized that IT knew how to do all of the poses without ME, you know? And the savasana was soooo glorious!!

I was off last night and off tonight and with my strange sleep schedule I haven't slept very much the last 2 days. For some strange reason I have tons of energy this a.m. so I took advantage of it and did today's practice and then worked on some other poses and a short yin practice. I probably will crash at some point so it's a good thing I practiced early!