YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

So happy for everyone!! :7:

Today I did my first full split since I was 10 years old! :15: I have to take a picture but I'm just so amazed at how my body is opening and responding to the practice at my 42 :D . I've been into sports all my life, I've been doing yoga consistently for 3 years now, I practice yoga everyday and TODAY,  I did my first full Hanumasana. I called my husband to watch me and he was like :23:

Today I did my first full split since I was 10 years old! :15: I have to take a picture but I'm just so amazed at how my body is opening and responding to the practice at my 42 :D . I've been into sports all my life, I've been doing yoga consistently for 3 years now, I practice yoga everyday and TODAY, I did my first full Hanumasana. I called my husband to watch me and he was like :23:

Fantastic well done ...

You guys! I'm so happy for all of you that your program is going well and you're seeing results! Good for you! You should all feel so proud of your commitment to the practice! Great job! The halfway mark is coming up soon! Don't forget to check in on instagram, if you're on there with #YBCprogress so we can support each other there as well.  :24:

jbatista, Mana, Jasmine and 3 others like this

30 minute yoga for legs this a.m. Really enjoying the project and the videos. Love all the interaction of everyone on the forum! Now off to bed so I can work tonight!

Yeah! It's awesome to do all of this together, it gives me more courage, determination and enthusiasm  :)

Thank you Candace and you all for this  :)  :13:

I'm loving being part of the project. My back has been a little tight so have been modifying my practice. Today I did 30 minutes for sciatica this morning and 30 minutes restorative and mediation this afternoon. Haven't been able to get into wheel pose for a while though and definitely not trying today with my back..

Today I did my first full split since I was 10 years old! :15: I have to take a picture but I'm just so amazed at how my body is opening and responding to the practice at my 42 :D . I've been into sports all my life, I've been doing yoga consistently for 3 years now, I practice yoga everyday and TODAY,  I did my first full Hanumasana. I called my husband to watch me and he was like :23:

How fantastic, congrats!!

MrBalloonHands and yogagrammy like this

I had family in town, so I missed my Saturday and Sunday yoga! I kept thinking I was going to do the videos at night, but after basically touring NYC all day every day, I was too pooped and just fell into bed. But I'm looking forward to LOTS of yoga this week to stay nice and loose for my 10K on Thanksgiving!

I received an added bonus of being able to do wheel pose without feeling torturous pain in my lower back as a result of this challenge  :lol: despite the fact it's not even using the same muscles as my chosen posture.

I've noticed my leg is slightly higher and on the way to being straighter in my dancer's pose. I'm actually really happy with the progress considering we're only half way through. Don't forget we're only half way through - so even feeling comfortable in wheel pose is a massive achievement!!!

I haven't taken an updated picture yet but I did take some a few days ago and noticed a difference. I'm taking pics this weekend and will post to instagram!

Posted to instagram - a photo of one of my target poses. 

Reverse table top is off for now while my shoulder is resting. 

Triangle pose is looking better I think - I am more straight and aligned in my back and I reach further.  :54: Yaay!!

MrBalloonHands, Mana, Laura and 4 others like this

Still haven't taken a new picture yet. I've been having a little more pain from my fibromyalgia and chronic lower back the last few days. :(  I'm on my long stretch of days off so I've been taking it easy and doing yin, restorative and slow paced yoga. That helps more than anything if I do something every day. I feel my flexibility is coming along in spite of my aches and pains. <a href=http://www.freesmile I hope to get a new picture soon!

Yogabliss likes this

im still on schedule and havent missed any days but the arches of my feet have been bothering me a lot and the balancing poses are a lot harder

so this week i've decided to take a break from hiit workouts, running, and jump ropes

hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...my birthday's tomorrow so this rest day is just in time  ;) 

I missed yesterday's video because I went to a class with my husband. It was beginners class for his sake but an Ashtanga teacher was hosting and WOW... she pushed us!!  Ashtanga is sort of a dream of mine, but I'll never achieve it. I told my hubby that it's sort of how people dream of being a rock star or famous olympian. I dream of being an Ashtanga yogi  :lol:

Just finished the 60 minute flow video and I'm ready for the rest days coming up. After yesterday and then today I'm feeling really fit!

Hi all! I'm sorry I didn't post my halfway photos, but I need my hubby's help to take pictures and he is never home when I practice in these days due to his work shifts. I'll try to do next weekend.
Anyway, I'm following the program every day and I noticed my overall flexibility and alignment have already increased, maybe because this specific plan is helping me to be more focused and concentrated in what I do when I practice. I don't know how much my forward fold and king pidgeon poses will increase at the end of the challenge, but I feel I'm gaining more consciousness in my yoga journey and this is awesome, I’m really happy about it :lol:

yogafire, Yogabliss, Jasmine and 1 other like this

Regarding today's Detox Yoga: Unfortunately, due to my latest move, I don't have an internet connection to get it up. :( But! The following is a good program to substitute  for the detox yoga video:

Begin with a warm up

Gentle yoga

Cobbler's pose (hold for 30 sec - 1 min)

Supta Gomukhasana (hold for 30 sec - 3 min each side)

Plow pose (hold for 30 sec - 2 min)

Savasana (5-10 min)

How is everyone doing! I got soooo off-track with family visiting and then Thanksgiving travels--just no time for long videos or else too tired, so I did a lot of yin and restorative over the past week. But I'm working back into things--did the heart-opening vid yesterday, which I'm pretty sure is my new favefavefave!! And today did the block vid and the chair vid. I loved the savasana with legs on the chair!! Planning to work in a power video either tomorrow or Thursday.

im still on schedule and havent missed any days but the arches of my feet have been bothering me a lot and the balancing poses are a lot harder

so this week i've decided to take a break from hiit workouts, running, and jump ropes

hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...my birthday's tomorrow so this rest day is just in time  ;) 

Oh my gosh, I think we have the same birthday! At least, it's saying you posted this on the 25th and said your birthday was the next day--mine is the 26th too!! Hope you had an AWESOME birthday! I know I did!!

YogaByCandace likes this

I've been sooooo busy with family, work and trying to get enough sleep lately that I haven't taken any pictures to post to instagram! I haven't neglected my practice which is a good thing but I haven't practiced in anything that would be photo worthy so pics have just not been taken! Hopefully I'll get some taken soon!

How is everyone doing! I got soooo off-track with family visiting and then Thanksgiving travels--just no time for long videos or else too tired, so I did a lot of yin and restorative over the past week. But I'm working back into things--did the heart-opening vid yesterday, which I'm pretty sure is my new favefavefave!! And today did the block vid and the chair vid. I loved the savasana with legs on the chair!! Planning to work in a power video either tomorrow or Thursday.

Oh my gosh, I think we have the same birthday! At least, it's saying you posted this on the 25th and said your birthday was the next day--mine is the 26th too!! Hope you had an AWESOME birthday! I know I did!!

yes november 26th was my birthday...happy belated!  i hope you enjoyed your day too  :D