YogaByCandace

39 Day Yoga Progress Project: Flexibility

178 posts in this topic

It's the 5th today where I am, so today I completed the 15 min hips video and 15 min low back video as recommended. I've realised my hips actually need some work, which I hadn't realised just how bad before. I'm going to be adding that video to my Pinterest videos so I can work on it. This project has been amazing, I feel I've made a fair bit of progress actually, and with more than just my chosen posture. Really looking forward to seeing everyone's progress pictures on the 9th  :)

This has been such a fun project ! It has helped me to get to know me better , yes now I am aware of what my limitations and my capacities are and this ones are limitless !!!

So happy about the improvement , can't wait to see everybody's photos

I'm really bummed that I just don't feel I can do the 60 minute vinyasa video that's scheduled for today. I have the worst (sorry to any males in here!) ladytime in the history of womankind and I can barely get myself off the sofa let alone 60 minutes of flow yoga. I'm thinking a couple of supine postures with a wheat bag and peppermint oil and try to do the 60 minute one tomorrow if I'm feeling better. 

Yogabliss and YogaByCandace like this

I've absolutely loved this project. It has been fabulous.. It was also a great way to sample a variety of Candace's videos.

What's the next project Candace? Itching to get started..

We just started the December project - join in!! - it's a yoga sequencing project. It's just for the month of December because I have something reeeeeally good planned for the New Year, but that's staying under wraps for now  ;)

Yogabliss, Mana and mimisouth like this

I'm really bummed that I just don't feel I can do the 60 minute vinyasa video that's scheduled for today. I have the worst (sorry to any males in here!) ladytime in the history of womankind and I can barely get myself off the sofa let alone 60 minutes of flow yoga. I'm thinking a couple of supine postures with a wheat bag and peppermint oil and try to do the 60 minute one tomorrow if I'm feeling better. 

Listen to your body and rest rest rest  :)  Feel better soon, my dear!

Yogabliss and Jasmine like this

This project is awesome! I reached my goal! And I want even more now!  :27: 

We just started the December project - join in!! - it's a yoga sequencing project. It's just for the month of December because I have something reeeeeally good planned for the New Year, but that's staying under wraps for now  ;)

New challenge is coming! Yay!   :24:  :0:

Today's post highlights the progress a few of you made during this project - feel free to check it out and share with friends! Also, if you have images you want to share of your own progress, use an app like pic stitch to sew them together and feel free to post on the YBC Facebook page or here if you like! I'd love to see side by sides! 

Will this one be done again? It looked like it could be fun.  :)

Possibly! The January one will be different but equally as fun, promise!  :D

Scott, Mana, Laura and 1 other like this

Today's post highlights the progress a few of you made during this project - feel free to check it out and share with friends! Also, if you have images you want to share of your own progress, use an app like pic stitch to sew them together and feel free to post on the YBC Facebook page or here if you like! I'd love to see side by sides! 

Possibly! The January one will be different but equally as fun, promise!  :D

Woohoo! Sitting here in a chair at work on break cross legged working on keeping tilted forward and back straight. Always time to do something  :)

YogaByCandace and Yogabliss like this

I finally got around to uploading my pictures! 

I definitely see improvement in my flexibility in triangle pose and a lot more accuracy in reverse tabletop. 

The greatest benefit from this to me though is that I have made daily practice a habit and that I see improvement in my flexibility generally and not just in my chosen poses. A little goes a long way  :31:

It has been a great motivation to see your pictures and read about ups and downs along the way  :) So to all of us:  :flowers:

Hi Candace and fellow flexibility yogis,

Thank you for such a great challenge. I managed to follow every single one, except the last three - as I ended up moving interstate and got slightly swamped with studying, freelancing and packing!

My splits did improve and the best thing for me was that I created a regular practice - super happy to have achieved that.

Now after a two-week break, I'm back doing the new Strength challenge. Yippee!

:D

Hi I am starting the flexibility challange today. I am not flexible at all unfortunatelly I have been fighting with indigestion for a few months now what stopped all physical activities for me. Now I am on Paleo diet so hope these to things will help me to feel the life again ? My position is the forward fold

image.jpg

It might be the angle tricking me, but it does look like your fingertips are closer to the ground. Your lower back looks flatter, so it looks like you're bending at your hip more to get there. 

Have you tried modifying your forward fold by bending at the knees, enough so that your hands can touch the ground -  does your upper back then become straight? Or, you can try putting a block underneath your hands so your back can be flat all the way?  I was wondering if you feel any strain.  Here are good pictures of what bending the knees can do (search for Uttasana or scroll to the first set of images).

Thank you for sharing your progress with us!

YogaByCandace and Katka like this

Hi thank you both very much. I feel some progress but more with other poses like down dog. I thought you're not supposed to have flat back in forward fold but from your answer yogafire I understand I was wrong :) ... It's quite hard to keep the practice with the digestion problems  that can sometimes cause fatigue for the whole day. But the feelings after the practice and your support are wort it.

yogafire likes this

It is hard to tell from the 2 different pictures but it looks like your fingers are much closer to the floor. What I liked the most is you are staying with it even though it is difficult for you.

Yogafire gave a good link good pictures of what bending the knees 

The shape of the back really depends on what we want to get from the postures. Yoga Dancer  is pictures of all famous yogis that have been practicing for a very long time. You see the forward fold with forward bends in the back, straight backs, backward bends, twists. I don't think any of them would doing something wrong, it just depends on what they what to accomplish. Some of the pictures are really deep versions of the postures but you know we modify for us.

Would Salamba Uttanasana be good for you? That's a nice one. Keeping the digestive system in good health

Edited by Anahata
Katka likes this

Thank you Anahata very much. I will definitely try these. Well my goal was to touch the ground with straight legs without feeling any tension. But more than that generally be more flexible and psychically relaxed. I had encephalitis 10 years ago and yoga really helped me a lot. For the digestion I read some articles about parasites and I am taking anti-parasites herbs together with good probiotics from my docs what seems to help a lot. Our doctors are not always able to find parasites but I think all of us have some in our bodies. Thank you so much for your support it keeps me not giving up :)