Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yogabliss

Question

4 posts in this topic

Hi Candace

I have a question, on your leg/chest sequence , im a bit confused on how to go from down dog to wild thing , is there a chance you could break it down or maybe direct me to a video where you demostrate the transition?

Thanks

Hey girl! Ok I could've sworn I've done this before but I can't find it anywhere! Anyway, check out this vid at the :06 mark. You go from downward dog to 3 legged dog and then you bend the lifted leg and drop the foot back behind you on the ground and lift the arm of that same side. Mantra to repeat once you're there: 

-Lift my hips

-lift my chest

-press the mat away

On the arm that's pushing into the mat, you want the wrist to be in front of the shoulder. Ugh, I know this is confusing, but you want the shoulder to not be stacked over the wrist. When it's in line with the wrist you won't get as much space to open up, so instead have a diagonal line between your shoulder and wrist. Let me know if you need more pointers, feel free to take a pic of your wild thing and #YBCprogress, tag me with @yogabycandace and I can give you some pointers right on IG if you want. xo

Yogabliss likes this