Anahata

Do you get nervous when there are other teachers in your class?

4 posts in this topic

This all I have ever known. Every class I have taught had teachers in it, except for one. The very first class I ever taught had three. Does it make you nervous to have other teachers in your class?

If I go to a class should I mention to the teacher that I am a teacher as well? (I actually don't consider myself teacher but I do teach) Is this a courtesy or does it matter?

For telling teachers if you are a teacher as well... I would say it doesn't matter. Every teacher is also a student. If they know you, then they probably already know you are a teacher. If they don't know you, telling them you are a teacher may make them feel a bit uncomfortable - like they will be judged.

I've not yet had any of my teachers in my classes, but that's probably because I'm a new teacher. Although, I did have one of my teachers tell me to let her know when I would be comfortable having her attend a class as she wanted to come, but she didn't want to make me feel extra nervous as I started out.

yogafire and chrysalisyoga like this

That's a really good point about not saying something that may make others uncomfortable. You should invite your teacher come to your class that would be really nice.

Breathe likes this

I think being a yoga teacher there is no need to be nervous if you are confident enough about your yoga training.

If you attend a classes for yoga teacher training, and you introduce yourself as a yoga teacher than people all over there may not treat you like an ordinary person because they have a mind set that if you are a teacher than you must be better than them. It may be possible that they ask you their query or suggestion instead of your yoga teacher out there.