Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogaByCandace

30 Day Yoga Fit Program

9 posts in this topic

Day two of the Yoga Fit challenge and I've found myself down and out. Super disappointed at my HIIT performance and how quickly I called it quits. I've been working out more regularly over the past months but just started getting into cardio...because cardio is torture. :'( But my goals definitely include getting stronger at cardio work. Anyway, having a tough time being kind to myself after today's attempt. 

</3 

I'll reboot and get back at it tomorrow. 

YogaByCandace likes this

13 hours ago, mrsjoe24 said:

Day two of the Yoga Fit challenge and I've found myself down and out. Super disappointed at my HIIT performance and how quickly I called it quits. I've been working out more regularly over the past months but just started getting into cardio...because cardio is torture. :'( But my goals definitely include getting stronger at cardio work. Anyway, having a tough time being kind to myself after today's attempt. 

</3 

I'll reboot and get back at it tomorrow. 

Please don't be disappointed! Please celebrate the fact that you gave it a shot. Celebrate the fact that you pressed play and tried. Celebrate that you got through however many seconds or minutes you got through. Celebrate the baby steps. There is no rule that says you have to be able to do x, y or z on the first attempt. Look at a toddler as he/she begins to walk. They fall. They fall some more. They keep falling. And they always get back up. When it comes to certain things - I'm a toddler learning to walk. My snatch lift? It's not very good. I get frustrated and down on myself about it. But then I think: I tried. And that counts for something. Same goes for you. You calling it quits doesn't mean anything except that you just practiced the highest form of yoga - you gave it a shot, did your best, and then decided you needed a break. Who. CARES. Sorry for the caps lock, but truly - let it go. Reboot and get back on the horse when you're ready and attack what you can do with a hell yeah attitude, and let whatever you can do be enough, but truly - it is.

mrsjoe24 likes this

Thank you for your encouragement, Candace. I can't seem to hear this advice enough. One day I'm sure it'll break through and take root. :) 

<3 <3 

YogaByCandace likes this

Is it too late to join in? I've been practicing already this year anyway and wanting to get my headstand independent.

19 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Is it too late to join in? I've been practicing already this year anyway and wanting to get my headstand independent.

It's never too late to join in, Kathleen. :) You can start from day one or pickup on day 5 where we are. 
Welcome! <3

YogaByCandace likes this

Day 5 was challenging but beautifully so. In meditation "self-care" really struck me. It's something I've been practicing in other areas but mentally has been a challenge. So today during the routine I kept focused on self-care and allowing myself room to do what I needed to do when something came up. 

Feeling positive. :)

<3 <3

YogaByCandace likes this

Do you recommend working in cardio workouts to supplement the program? I just finished day 6 and I love it. Everyday I accomplish the workout of the day I feel stronger, but some days I feel like I should add in additional cardio. Thanks! 

YogaByCandace likes this

On 1/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, Ashtonmarie said:

Do you recommend working in cardio workouts to supplement the program? I just finished day 6 and I love it. Everyday I accomplish the workout of the day I feel stronger, but some days I feel like I should add in additional cardio. Thanks! 

Do whatever you need to do to feel good. If you have the urge to add more cardio, do it! If you feel like you need a break on a day where a hiit workout is scheduled, take that break. The highest form of yoga is tuning in to what you really need, and honoring that.

mrsjoe24 likes this