Anahata

Help With Bakasana Variation

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

This is a great community you have started.

I was hopeful that someone could provide me with a some type of teaching for a Bakasana variation. Specifically, jumping from Adho Mukha Svanasana - Downward Facing Dog jumping into Parsva Bakasana - Side Crow. I can jump into regular Crow no problem but I am just not getting jumping into Side Crow.

I don't have a teacher for this and never had a teacher, and no classes either...kind of on my own with yoga.

Thanks for any help you are able to offer

notlulamae and Nix like this

Woah, that's a really advanced transition! I haven't even seen anyone do it, but I'd definitely like to :) I suppose you would first have to jump to a handstand with the knees tucked, then twist from your core and lower down into side crow?

Keep us posted on your progression :)

Nix likes this

Hmm interesting transition! I would say the same as Maria, I would go from down dog to baby handstand to super slowly lowering yourself down to the side into side crow. Would love to see that!  :)

Yes, thank you for the idea. That is very, very helpful. I think it may be jumping into tripod headstand (which isn't nearly as terrible as it sounds, it is actually a very easy way to get into headstand but extremely important to have a very strong headstand before attempting) Then gradually no longer placing the head on ground with the knees twisted. Which is a modification of another part of the sequence.

The whole sequence is jumping into side crow, dropping the head and pushing up into tripod headstand, bringing the knees back down while switching them to the other side, lifting the head for the other side of side crow, then jump back. The only part I can't do is the first part. Need to have some fun once in awhile :)

Thank you for your help, I will get it eventually.