Jessirene

How and where do I start!?

3 posts in this topic

I am a type one diabetic and I have always wanted to start yoga in order to help me stay as healthy as possible and also get in shape. I also work full time and have 3 kids so time is pretty precious around here. The issue I am having is just getting started! I'm not a flexible person, I can't even touch my toes, where should someone who can't do most of the poses start? Is there something I should be doing every day in order to become flexible? Or will yoga just never be my thing?? 

Welcome to the forums! 

First of all, most who start are inflexible (that's why we practice yoga!).

Where to start?

My advice is to

Hi!

My biggest advise is to start out with Youtube videos! My favourites are the one by Candace but there are plenty on the net. Just type in Yoga for beginners. Maybe just start with sequences that are only 15 minutes long. At least that's the way I started. When you do Yoga at home with Youtube you are all by yourself and there is no one to judge you. That is always quite comforting I guess. Your confidence will develop and your yoga practice will too without you even thinking about it anymore.

You can't do anything wrong. It is actually the opposite. Your wish to start Yoga to feel healthier is already the best step you could make. Something is better than nothing, right?

Hope I could help you!