Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasmine

Crow Pose Bakasana

19 posts in this topic

I just have to share my excitement somewhere - anywhere - that today I finally mastered crow pose! I have been trying this one on and off for what feels like years, but I have always struggled with arm strength. Thanks to Candace's 30 minute video for strength and flexibility which I have been practicing for a few weeks now I have finally done it. 

I'm hoping this newfound strength will help me build into handstands and other exciting ventures. I've always been happy with my level of flexibility and balance, but strength was a major downfall.

I proceeded to show my husband, who has never done a day of yoga in his life, and he did it perfectly on his first try... just to rub it in  <_<

I just have to share my excitement somewhere - anywhere - that today I finally mastered crow pose! I have been trying this one on and off for what feels like years, but I have always struggled with arm strength. Thanks to Candace's 30 minute video for strength and flexibility which I have been practicing for a few weeks now I have finally done it. 

I'm hoping this newfound strength will help me build into handstands and other exciting ventures. I've always been happy with my level of flexibility and balance, but strength was a major downfall.

I proceeded to show my husband, who has never done a day of yoga in his life, and he did it perfectly on his first try... just to rub it in  <_<

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

Ha ha, I recently did too from the same video, and had a really hard time focusing for the rest of the sequence because I was all WUHU, I did it!! And luckily, my husband was impressed and could not master it at all  :3:

Woohooo!!!! Wanna share a pic? :D  (Greg was working like crazy last night to see if he could set everyone up so we can share pics, so I think everyone should be able to share (small) pics)

Woohooo!!!! Wanna share a pic? :D  (Greg was working like crazy last night to see if he could set everyone up so we can share pics, so I think everyone should be able to share (small) pics)

I'm going to see if I can convince my son to take a photo for me today and I'll have a go uploading. 

Thanks for the words of encouragement everybody, I'm feeling the love  :wub:

yogafire, yogagrammy, Turi and 2 others like this

They appear to be sideways  :lol:  but you get the picture. I asked my 8 year old to take a photo and said "when my feet are off the ground take some photos - he apparently at first took this to mean "take a photo of my feet" hence the first picture being my bottom half  ;)

Reggi, Turi, Melanie and 1 other like this

Congrats- that's awesome! I did it the first time in that video too and I felt pretty awesome (although I only lasted a short time)!

Congrats! That is great. What a great feeling to accomplish something you have been working so hard at attaining. Don't let your husband get in your head. I'm sure there are plenty of yoga poses you have mastered that he couldn't come close to doing.  :1:

Jasmine and Turi like this