Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrsjoe24

Loss of Appetite

4 posts in this topic

Around the same time I started increasing my workout loads I started losing my appetite. I've been tracking my workouts/nutrition and I've been partially waiting until I'm hungry and partly forcing myself to eat something. I understand it's important to have the fuel there to operate especially with adding heavier workouts into the mix, but it's been difficult getting enough food because of the lack of appetite.

Otherwise I'm healthy---everything else has been normal. I have seen a lack of energy that I'm also attributing to not eating enough.

Has anyone else experienced this?

xo
Tiffany

YogaByCandace likes this

I went through something similar. I essentially had to FORCE myself to eat in order to hit my macro numbers. I was under-eating, given the amount of energy I was expending, and even though I wasn't hungry, I knew I had to do a better job of fueling myself because I was exhausted, not recovering well, not sleeping well, and my hormones were thrown off. When I got my macro numbers and started trying to hit them, I realized just how much I had been under-eating. There was a period of time (3 weeks or so?) that was an adjustment to get myself to a point where my body started to be hungry again and actually get used to all the food, but it was a struggle not only in having an appetite, but also having the energy to constantly be making food and eating it haha. My suggestion would be to try to eat small meals more frequently and see if that helps over time.

mrsjoe24 likes this

Thank you! I'm exhausted all the time and this week I only hit my macros percentages twice but with my workouts I've yet to hit my calories. I'm going to try the smaller meals more frequently. I just left a derby practice a bit bummed because I didn't have the energy to do what I felt like I should be doing. Here's to a new day! <3 

YogaByCandace likes this

You might want to look into this book called The Micronutrient Miracle. It's marketed as this diet, but if you ignore all that stuff, the actual info in there is extremely enlightening. There are a couple of quizzes you can take to see where you are deficient (perhaps this is what's causing the lack of energy), and then it talks about how various things we eat that we think are healthy (raw spinach, for example), can actually be quite detrimental to our health, and causing micronutrient deficiencies. It's a really eye-opening book, and while it has a lot of scientific explanations for the hows/whys, it is easy to read and comprehend if you're not that science-minded. Highly recommend. 

mrsjoe24 likes this