yoga2788

self developed yoga flow

3 posts in this topic

I start my yoga with some basic stretching and bending for around 20 - 30 mins. Then i go with the following flow:

Chair Pose, Warrior 2, Warrior 2 other side, Low lunge one side, low lunge other side, Cat - Cow, Dolphin plank, Cobra pose, Normal Plank, Boat pose, Bridge pose, wind relieving pose followed by corpse pose. I hold every pose for 30 long breaths. It takes around 5-6 mins for the flow.

Just wanted to know is this a good flow. What can i add or take away from this? is there any need to change the sequence. I am going good with this at the moment and doing it almost daily.

In my eyes, any yoga flow that makes you feel good is a good one! 

When I practice on my own I just move in a way that feels right. Don't worry about your flow. Just do what you like and know that you don't have to stick to your routine but if you do that's fine, too. Just make sure that you don't get bored and maybe see your flow more as an experiment. Put on some music as inspiration and start. Listen to your body. Tight neck today? Include some stretches for the neck and shoulder area. Saw that fancy headstand picture on Instagram today? Go ahead and try a headstand with a wall as support. Up to a challenge? Hold that down dog extra long today.

Be creative! Good luck with your practice!

LarryD517 likes this

If it feels good for you, it means it's a good flow. The most important is how do you feel doing it ?