YogiKris

Am i doing it well ?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone ! I have a question for a while and now I pluck up the courage to ask it.

I got my diploma as a teacher in July 2016 and I began to teach during the summer in the studio that trained me and in September as an independant. I still teach in the studio that trained me and i also rent some places (i rent the place for the time of the class). So it's been 6-8 months I teach now. I have 4-5 classes per week (sometimes more when I replace a teacher but it's not often). Even if I do a lot of marketing for my classes and some people who call me, I have only 2 or 3 students to my classes and I earn 400-500€ per month (yoga is my only job).

I just would like to know if this is normal or if I lag behind ? When I began I knew it was hard to grow a business (in yoga or any other area). I am just wondering if my evolution as a teacher is normal. I am a very optimistic person and I believe that good things are coming for me, not for now but i feel like if I will have a good future. I believe in it. I trust universe. But there's this little voice in my head who comes back sometimes saying "and if you don't succeed ?".

This is the reason why I ask the question on the forum where there are new teachers and experienced teachers. Is my evolution too slow or is it normal... ?

Thank you for reading me ? Love xx 

1 minute ago, LarryD517 said:

Please see @YogaByCandace's reply to a similar question...

Thank you for your answer. I already read all of that but it doesn't really answer to my question... I work hard and I follow all of the tips of Candace but I don't know if having 3 students to my class for 6 months means I am too slow or is it a normal evolution ? Is it normal to have just 3 students when you do a lot of marketing and try to connect with yoga community and do anything you can to grow your business ?

most of the teachers told me it takes 6-12 month to build your clientele  (don't really like that word to describe the students :/) . I am between 6 and 12 months an I still have 3 students to my classes. Is my business growing normally ?

I can't help you as I'm a student, but I'll tell you I tend to gravitate towards teachers that spend more time imparting knowledge, adjusting students and walking around the class...as opposed to teachers that run more fast, paced athletic (sweat inducing) classes. I don't like teachers that just sit in front and run through the routine themselves.

Not sure if that helps, but that's what one student looks for.

YogiKris likes this

@YogiKris

I found this forum, today, because I, too, was letting that self-doubt get to me. I received my 200-hour certificate last July (2016).

While I usually have more than 3 students per class, my growth has been slow. Some days I may have 7-10 yogis...other days, maybe 5. The number of students varies each week. This, sometimes, makes me question myself and I begin to wonder if I'm even doing anyone any good with my instructing.

It can be tough, I know how you feel. Let's hang in there and give it some time! Just remember, you are not alone! :) 

YogiKris likes this