Mjsanderson

Pain at top of foot any sitting poses

4 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could share their expertise in solving a problem I have. I really struggle with sitting poses which I understand is common, being a man. However, the pain comes from the top of my foot, just after the ankle meets the foot. I have researched foot anatomy and I think it is called the inferior extensor retinaculum

I would like to loosen my hips/pelvis and be able to be comfortable in sitting down poses ( sitting crossed legs, child's pose, any poses which involves being at ground level ) but this pain in my foot prevents me from practicing for any longer than a minute!
I feel it is preventing me from advancing in classes, as I am fairly competent at standing, bending and twisting poses but any asanas that involve sitting, I point blank cannot do!

Thanks! :meditation-yogi: Michael

Are you referring to this foot position (pointing)?

Capture.JPG

Is it only when you are putting pressure on it, or when ever you point your toes?

Hi LarryD517,

Thank you for replying. It is more so when I cross my legs. It is slightly uncomfortable when I do the asana that you attached but more so on my knees and I can't touch my heel with my bum. The top of my feet ache when I sit crossed legged and it feels very uncomfortable. I have tried using blankets/matts/blocks too.

Thanks again.