alisa

Yoga And Other Forms Of Exercise

5 posts in this topic

Hello! I was wondering if Candace does any other form of regular exercise besides yoga? I have been doing P90X3 but the yoga workout is my favorite and am trying to decide if I should just focus on yoga for a while?

Studies shows that making time for exercise provide some serious mental benefits. Such as reduce stress, improve self confidence, boost brain power,sharpen memory, help control addiction , increase relaxation . There are many more benefits of exercise. I used to do some physical exercise along with yoga.

Chillipepper likes this

Candace does strength training as well (she'd probably be better at describing this, check out her blog and workout wednesday posts).

I have found yoga to be the only exercise I truly enjoy besides playing soccer, so I pretty much stick to it. However, I sometimes do pilates before my yoga flows to focus on specific parts of the body and build more strength. 

Every once and a while I revisit other types of workouts (kickboxing, HIIT, strength training) when I want to switch things up or I want to work out with my friends!

YogaByCandace likes this

Oops, sorry, didn't see this post until just now. Yes, I do strength training and hiit style workouts. My very first job was at a gym and I've loved being in the fitness world since I was sixteen. I just feel comfortable and happy working out that way. I don't think there's a "right" way to work out - it all depends on your fitness goals. If you love yoga, stick with that for now. If you find that you're gravitating toward something else down the line, it's cool to look into that, too. The bottom line in my book is to love whatever it is you choose to do. xo

afriske and robert like this

I've done a lot of different sports and other forms of exercise: some I've loved (ballet) , some I was pressured into (karate) and some I thought I was going to like but I ended up hating (ice skating)! Currently, aside from yoga, I do English equitation (aka I ride horses on an English saddle) once a week, walk when it's nice out and do a little bit of really, really light weightlifting (I use 2 pounders!) Sometimes a HIIT routine feels like something worth doing. I'm really "let's do this today," sort of person.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Some only like to do one thing and one thing only and that's okay! Some of us need variety or we get bored. I'm the variety is the spice of life person given I just can't do one yoga routine; I need at least 10.