YogaByCandace

Little Known Brands That We Should All Know About

54 posts in this topic

I know a few small brands that not many people have heard about and I'd love to hear yours if you know of any as well. 

Kira Grace - I think their stuff is really high quality, on par with lululemon, though cut just ever so slightly bigger. I really love their cut out pants. 

Teeki - this is a bigger brand - maybe still not as well known as athleta and lulu, but I really like them as well. Their waistbands are wide and flat, and their cuts are flattering.

Any others? 

Shawn likes this

l generally can't afford to shop at most popular stores for exercise clothing, but l've found tjmaxx, marshalls, & amazon are great places to find items. 

l own various brands but they're from those stores. l also get clothing from forever21 when they have discount codes available and rack up on stuff.

l generally can't afford to shop at most popular stores for exercise clothing, but l've found tjmaxx, marshalls, & amazon are great places to find items. 

l own various brands but they're from those stores. l also get clothing from forever21 when they have discount codes available and rack up on stuff.

Yeah I honestly pretty much only practice in f21 tops. You can't beat the $1.80 price point!

Thought not strictly "yoga", I love Champion and Marika (I find Marika at Marjshall's/TJMaxx) for exercise in general. I have a hard time finding tanks to practice in that are formfitting but not too snug.

YogaByCandace likes this

It's hard to find nice yoga wear in Canada. There is Lulu, of course, but being a larger girl that is out of the question. There was a nice, affordable Canadian company that made beautiful clothes and I bought a couple outfits that I love but they have gone out of business. Any thoughts?

Oak and YogaByCandace like this

Thought not strictly "yoga", I love Champion and Marika (I find Marika at Marjshall's/TJMaxx) for exercise in general. I have a hard time finding tanks to practice in that are formfitting but not too snug.

Ohhh I have heard of Marika but haven't tried them - good to know! I too have a really hard time with tops. I practice in the F21 cheap-o tops but I hate that they ride up, I don't feel comfortable in them for teaching... :( You might want to try Athleta for tops - they're pricier but they often go on sale and there are so many different styles to choose from that I bet you'd be able to find the perfect fitting one.

It's hard to find nice yoga wear in Canada. There is Lulu, of course, but being a larger girl that is out of the question. There was a nice, affordable Canadian company that made beautiful clothes and I bought a couple outfits that I love but they have gone out of business. Any thoughts?

If you'd be willing into ordering online, check out Nordstrom's Zella line. They have a huge range of sizes! 

Kelly likes this

I love Athleta and think the quality is every bit as good as lulu. (even better) and I have also started getting Fabletics (subscription based) and really like the quality for the $$$. I have a little bit of everything as I tend to shop on ebay and amazon to try and find great deals.

YogaByCandace likes this

I love Athleta and think the quality is every bit as good as lulu. (even better) and I have also started getting Fabletics (subscription based) and really like the quality for the $$$. I have a little bit of everything as I tend to shop on ebay and amazon to try and find great deals.

I wholeheartedly agree about Athleta being on par (if not better) than Lulu! I cannot wait to get home in Nov and stock up! I also love that they have pretty good sales quite often!

yogagrammy likes this

I wish I have all these brands in my country, ordering online plus shipping is going to cost a bomb! *stares at pocket 

Haha, you are too cute. What country are you in? 

For those in Canada 'Tonic' and 'Lole' are both great Canadian companies!!! 

I haven't heard of either of these companies but I'll have to go looking for them. Thanks.

Oak likes this

Ohhh I have heard of Marika but haven't tried them - good to know! I too have a really hard time with tops. I practice in the F21 cheap-o tops but I hate that they ride up, I don't feel comfortable in them for teaching... :( You might want to try Athleta for tops - they're pricier but they often go on sale and there are so many different styles to choose from that I bet you'd be able to find the perfect fitting one.

Marika pants don't seem to work very well for me (that is to say, I feel like I'm constantly pulling them up when I run; when I do yoga it's not as big of a deal but they still just don't feel quite right) but I dig the tops. I might have to check out Athleta - I'm always a little scared to order things online since I'm sort of inbetween sizes so I try to find something in stores that works for me. Champion has/had some amazing tank tops I bought one in every color but they go right into my eyes when I practice yoga :) I'll keep my eyes peeled though :)

I just ordered my first Fabletics outfit last night- definitely can't beat the price. Got a shirt and pants for $14 after all the discounts. My girlfriend has a handful of Fabletics outfits and loves them, especially the yoga pants!

yogagrammy and Laura like this

I don't how big this company is but I have used Beyond Yoga recently and love the feel of their leggings and shirts. :) A bit pricey but it is good quality.

So glad to hear a review on Beyond Yoga.  I love the look and feel of their gear but wanted to hear a personal experience before splurging ;)

YogaByCandace likes this

I just ordered my first Fabletics outfit last night- definitely can't beat the price. Got a shirt and pants for $14 after all the discounts. My girlfriend has a handful of Fabletics outfits and loves them, especially the yoga pants!

I'm really liking the stuff I've gotten from Fabletics! I know some people have given bad reviews based on the subscription plan, not the outfits. Just remember to check back each month from the 1st-5th to either decline or order or you will get charged anyway. You still get the credit you can use any time. I think the quality is really great! So far I haven't skipped any month. I always want something!!!

KateR, Laura and Yogalove like this

I finally finally finally after 5 years gave myself a new yoga mat by REYOGA, an italian brand. www.reyoga.it I'd seen it a few times at the yoga festival in milan... it's natural rubber (you can use both sides, which are different colours) and has a pretty patterned texture. I'd like to try some of their yoga clothes... nice soft cottons, easy feel. I'm not so big on spandex leggings, although they are pretty!

I rarely buy expensive yoga gear but I would love to invest in a few good pairs of leggings.  For tops I use the Champion tops from Target and they are ok for now but I'll have to check out F21.  So Athleta will be on my watchlist. 

YogaByCandace likes this

I absolutely love MPG for yoga clothes. They have tops and bottoms plus outerwear and I think even underwear for running, yoga, pilates, etc--super compressive, very flattering, not see through or slippery at all. The pants aren't that expensive to begin with (compared with Lulu or Teeki or Onzie), but I also tend to find lots of MGP options at Marshall's for $25. Can't beat it! Highly recommend.

yogagrammy and YogaByCandace like this

I haven't heard of either of these companies but I'll have to go looking for them. Thanks.

Halfmoon is another great Canadian brand I some how forgot to mention! I have personally used their rectangle bolsters, eye pillows, straps and blocks - no complaints. 

So glad to hear a review on Beyond Yoga.  I love the look and feel of their gear but wanted to hear a personal experience before splurging ;)

I'm glad I could help! The clothes are really comfortable and feel so good on. I honestly wear my yoga pants all the time.:)

I'm really liking the stuff I've gotten from Fabletics! I know some people have given bad reviews based on the subscription plan, not the outfits. Just remember to check back each month from the 1st-5th to either decline or order or you will get charged anyway. You still get the credit you can use any time. I think the quality is really great! So far I haven't skipped any month. I always want something!!!

I was looking into Fablectics myself but I got scared when it looked like I had to order something every month.  So you can get the subscription and decline for a couple of months until you would like to order more?