YogaByCandace

Little Known Brands That We Should All Know About

54 posts in this topic

I really like Glyder Apparel so far- I have the ninja crop leggings and they are perfection! I really want to try out some of their other stuff as well. I think they are based out of Canada too, but I could be wrong! It's worth a look!

YogaByCandace likes this

Thought not strictly "yoga", I love Champion and Marika (I find Marika at Marjshall's/TJMaxx) for exercise in general. I have a hard time finding tanks to practice in that are formfitting but not too snug.

I've bought Marika at TJ Maxx too. LOVE them!!

I really like Glyder Apparel so far- I have the ninja crop leggings and they are perfection! I really want to try out some of their other stuff as well. I think they are based out of Canada too, but I could be wrong! It's worth a look!

I have a bra by them with such a cool design (actually this is it here), but I'm bummed to say the color faded big time after just a month or so. Has this happened to you? 

I absolutely love MPG for yoga clothes. They have tops and bottoms plus outerwear and I think even underwear for running, yoga, pilates, etc--super compressive, very flattering, not see through or slippery at all. The pants aren't that expensive to begin with (compared with Lulu or Teeki or Onzie), but I also tend to find lots of MGP options at Marshall's for $25. Can't beat it! Highly recommend.

I've been eyeing MPG for a while. I think they look pretty good!

I looked a Glyder on line. I might have to try them!

I was looking into Fablectics myself but I got scared when it looked like I had to order something every month.  So you can get the subscription and decline for a couple of months until you would like to order more?

You sign up and get the first outfit for $25. Then each month between the 1st and 5th you log on, check out the new outfits, order or either decline for the month (you can always go back and order any time!) or do nothing and the $49 is charged to your card and you just keep the credit. You can use it any time. You also earn points from each order you place and save them up for a free outfit! I've earned 2 free outfits so far (that gives away the amount I've spent on fabletics). You aren't charged if you decline by the 5th of each month. If you decide not to continue with the subscription you can call and cancel at any time. I know some people have said it's a scam but everything I've said is on their site and very clear. You ARE charged if you don't log on and decline or order something. You can order any time even if you decline, just log on and shop! I really like the quality and they even have sale items at times you can order. I hope this helps.

Laura, KimK and yogafire like this

I have a bra by them with such a cool design (actually this is it here), but I'm bummed to say the color faded big time after just a month or so. Has this happened to you? 

Hi there! I had a crazy week and am just now seeing this! Oops!! So sorry! Anyway, it hasn't been a problem for me so far but I have the grey pants- I wonder if having that color makes a difference? Those bras are so cute!!!

I've really liked my stuff from Kyodan (TJ Maxx as the source). They have styles pretty similar to lululemon.  Anyone know of companies that are really transparent about their ethical/environmental responsibility?

You sign up and get the first outfit for $25. Then each month between the 1st and 5th you log on, check out the new outfits, order or either decline for the month (you can always go back and order any time!) or do nothing and the $49 is charged to your card and you just keep the credit. You can use it any time. You also earn points from each order you place and save them up for a free outfit! I've earned 2 free outfits so far (that gives away the amount I've spent on fabletics). You aren't charged if you decline by the 5th of each month. If you decide not to continue with the subscription you can call and cancel at any time. I know some people have said it's a scam but everything I've said is on their site and very clear. You ARE charged if you don't log on and decline or order something. You can order any time even if you decline, just log on and shop! I really like the quality and they even have sale items at times you can order. I hope this helps.

Yogagrammy - thanks so much for explaining the process. It sounds similar to other subscription services, like JewelMint. Glad to know about your own experience. I like that they offer free return shipping for credit or exchanges.

Can you either post or PM me your personal referral link? I heard some people talking about Kate Hudson's company but never found out what it was until here! I hope it works because I had signed up to peek at the styles, and then 2 days later they sent e-mailed me a $10 credit offer on my first order.

Yogagrammy - thanks so much for explaining the process. It sounds similar to other subscription services, like JewelMint. Glad to know about your own experience. I like that they offer free return shipping for credit or exchanges.

Can you either post or PM me your personal referral link? I heard some people talking about Kate Hudson's company but never found out what it was until here! I hope it works because I had signed up to peek at the styles, and then 2 days later they sent e-mailed me a $10 credit offer on my first order.

I sent you a message with my link!

Thanks yogagrammy! I got too excited and had 4 outfits picked out, but then my husband vetoed them all.  So I have to pass for now.  But others should know that after signing up and waiting for 2 days, they send a $10 credit offer on top of the 50% off, so you can get your first outfit as low as $14.95.

Yogalove likes this

I've been eyeing off Dharma bums tights for a while now - they're ethically made, which I really appreciate. I keep talking myself out of ordering anything though, I really don't need any new yoga clothes right now!

This is really helpful Yogagrammy, thanks. I've been eyeing up Fabletics for awhile but had read bad reviews based on the subs, exactly as you say, and this put me off. Plus I thought you had to pay every month regardless.

Whilst I love Teeki or Sweaty Betty leggings I'm stuck for tops that fit me (SB seem to be too big or the style unflattering for a very flat chest!) so I wear cheap Primark vests but these ride up exposing my tummy. Good to know F21 tops do the same as I was going to try those next time! I'll give Fabletics a go. I feel we're short on yoga clothing brands in the UK...

YogaByCandace likes this

^I agree that the UK is short on yoga clothing brands. How do you feel about Wellicious? They're the only other brand I know in the UK besides Sweaty Betty...

I love, love LOVE the ZuVi line of leggings- they're made from recycled plastic bottles, have eco-friendly ink, and fit and move beautifully in yoga. They have different lengths and fits!

nfenchak and YogaByCandace like this

^I agree that the UK is short on yoga clothing brands. How do you feel about Wellicious? They're the only other brand I know in the UK besides Sweaty Betty...

There is also a Fabletics.co.uk and we have TK Maxx, which is the same as TJ Maxx...many of the brands will be similar. Tesco supermarket and Primark stock sportswear and I find their tops and jogging bottoms to be decent quality for low prices. Clothes I use for yoga come from TK Maxx, Tesco, Primark and I treated myself to a pair of Athleta leggings when I was in NYC :) I believe department stores such as John Lewis and House of Fraser would have yoga clothing lines featuring various brands.

YogaByCandace likes this

I also get most of my yoga gear from Marshalls/TJ Maxx and I've found the 90 degree brand to be pretty good.  You can also find their stuff on Amazon.  I got these leggings a few weeks ago and I really like them, though on me they're not really capris.

I've just gotten a few things on Nordstrom Rack. Sizes can be limited but if you check back often for the newly listed items it helps. Many, many brands at discounted prices! Really a good place to look on line! Also I'm in love with leggings from werkshop.com. A bit on the pricey side but I just love them!!! Great designs!

I saw this topic discussion and was so excited to share my finds! I love supporting small yoga companies that are just starting out and made in the USA!

Valleau Apparel - Small online active wear company based in San Diego. Tons of super cute sports bras with really flattering straps!! My go to for sports bras, plus they are slightly cheaper than Lulu! They also offer free shipping for any order over $100, even internationally!

Om Shanti - This small company is based out of Miami and they are awesome leggings!!! I'm definitely a Teeki lover, but these leggings stand out even more! They have awesome prints like purple lightning and sandstone! It's pretty safe to say I'm obsessed! These are a little pricey, but if you can save up enough to buy a pair you won't be disappointed.

KimK likes this

I am in Germany and so far have not really come across any cute yoga clothing. Mostly just the plain solid colors. I also have the probelm of having a small chest but very large cup size (think I am currently an E cup here or more) Trying to find one that is tight enough but that holds my cup size drives me mad, let alone trying to find something cute with something extra. I plan to try and get some shopping done if I am ever back in the USA any time soon and keep my eyes out for things I can get here that are not to pricey!

On 1/5/2015, 10:22:05, YogaByCandace said:

I've only just seen your reply Candace - sorry! i haven't tried Wellicious yet, they do stock their stuff at yogamatters now so I will definitely try it. We have just got a Lululemon in my city now too so things are slowly getting through!!

I'm putting a pair of Alo Yoga leggings on my Christmas list, can I ask you ladies about sizes? I'm an XS in Teeki, Sweaty Betty and Dragonfly, and a P in Electric and Rose. Does that equate to an XS in Alo or an XXS?!

Thanks!

YogaByCandace likes this

8 minutes ago, Yogalove said:

I'm putting a pair of Alo Yoga leggings on my Christmas list, can I ask you ladies about sizes? I'm an XS in Teeki, Sweaty Betty and Dragonfly, and a P in Electric and Rose. Does that equate to an XS in Alo or an XXS?!

Thanks!

I haven't tried dragonfly or electric and rose but I'm an XS in teeki and sweaty betty and the XS in Alo fits me perfectly. :) 

Yogalove likes this

2 hours ago, YogaByCandace said:

I haven't tried dragonfly or electric and rose but I'm an XS in teeki and sweaty betty and the XS in Alo fits me perfectly. :) 

Thank you! I love my E + R ones, they're my most comfortable, you should check them out :)