SunshineBarf

Beautiful Practice

6 posts in this topic

It can mean anything. It's a compliment...what does it mean when someone says "s/he's a beautiful person"? (on Facebook, it seems that every picture posted gets a few "beautiful" replies)

It can mean...you're results are amazing..or maybe your efforts are impressive (even if the results aren't perfect)...or maybe your poses are expressive and fluid...or it could mean the person is beautiful and wants to share their beauty

yogafire likes this

LarryD517, thank you for your quick response!  Your response does give me context to better understand what it means.  I'm grateful to be among supportive people in my practice.  When people say that to me though, I want to laugh and respond, "My practice is just the result of a self-defeating perfectionist trying to keep herself in check," but I smile and say thank you.  :).

I'm excited to have discovered these forums and connect more other people!

Most yogis respect and admire effort. It's fun to watch a young, lithe, physically fit, trained gymnast perform in class...but it's impressive to watch an older person with limited flexibility grow and develop their practice. 

yogafire likes this

On 6/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, SunshineBarf said:

LarryD517, thank you for your quick response!  Your response does give me context to better understand what it means.  I'm grateful to be among supportive people in my practice.  When people say that to me though, I want to laugh and respond, "My practice is just the result of a self-defeating perfectionist trying to keep herself in check," but I smile and say thank you.  :).

I'm excited to have discovered these forums and connect more other people!

I think people admire what they are working on for themselves... so, like Larry said, I appreciate effort. To me, I also think that's what differentiates a "beautiful practice" vs. a "beautiful pose".  May we all walk in beauty! (what my Forrest yoga teachers like to say during closing)

Thank you Yogafire!  I'm still getting a hang of the lingo. :P  I hope that people see my process and inner growth when they see my practice, not just the postures.

yogafire likes this